Mark Zuckerberg training MMA is about as weird as you'd think it be

Originally published at: Mark Zuckerberg training MMA is about as weird as you'd think it be | Boing Boing

1 Like

If self-defense is the ultimate goal, all of his paid bodyguards will do the trick. If humility is the end, I’m afraid that ship has sailed long ago.

12 Likes

It’s less impressive when you remember that all killer robots sent from the future to destroy humanity are programmed to know MMA

9 Likes

Someone that looks like a “pencil neck geek” might be a secret MMA master.

I took some karate in JUCO, and the instructor was also the Honors English teacher. So imagine your typical wiry disheveled, scraggly tweed wearing English professor in his 40s, and you are imagining this guy. But he was a black belt in karate and actually pretty ripped.

My 2nd most fun PE class after rifle shooting at K-State.

4 Likes

Unless he does periodic free sparring and gets hit in the face a few times by someone that doesn’t pull their punches enough, all his training will crumble in the first real altercation he’s subjected to.
Of course @gracchus is correct; his security team will protect him instead.

4 Likes

Who knew that their weapon of choice would be “information”. Stabbing weapons are so passe.

2 Likes

I mean, there are worse self-improvement kicks to go on.

How to come to grips with something that disturbs you

7 Likes

Pete Becker did it first.

Season 3 Pet GIF by Friends

2 Likes

If someone wants to get to him badly enough, they’ll get to him; fantasy training montages be damned.

In the end, no one is truly ‘untouchable.’

4 Likes

I wonder if he secretly fancies himself as a figure akin to the billionaire superhero* Ozymandias from Watchmen.

ozymandias

*depending who you ask

5 Likes

Why is it weird? I also have people think I’m weird when I ride a bike. What makes you think you know me.? Damn it!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.