Married couple get divorced so their girlfriend doesn't get jealous

If you read my other posts on this, you’ll see that you and I are ultimately in agreement .

:smirk:

1 Like

Maybe they are hoping for a reality show offer or maybe they are trying to get on the news. Or maybe they are trying to counter the uncounted number of times that people in our society, government included, have demanded that love exists only between one man and one woman at a time (unless you are a straight white male republican then have fun) and give other people the courage to be who they are and love who they want without feeling the need to stay in a proverbial closet.

Thus is the same bullshit people say when someone used to come out as gay. Just fucking stop.

5 Likes

I would think it would help with caring or the kids. Bio-Mom and Bio-Dad unavailable when kid 1 gets hurt, legally married now step mom can take care of it. Let alone the aforementioned tax loopholes this helps with.

5 Likes

Nothing to date. She’s not quite 7, so there’s time I guess you could say…

We’re luck that she’s able to go to a very “hippyish” school - in particular, the acceptance of gender, sexual, and family diversity there is really wonderful.

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear that. Kids will seize on pretty much any difference if they are in the mood to be mean.

The situation I am aware of, the kid arrives in really wrinkled clothes one day, apparently clean but wrinkled, and they have to talk about checking in on the parents. It was ridiculous, spending that much effort on a kid who really didn’t seem to need it and ignoring the kids who didn’t seem to have a lunch most days.

1 Like

“From each other” is not an object. “Members divorce each other” makes sense because “members” is plural. “Couple” is singular. “The couple divorce each other” and “the couple divorce the couple” is obviously bad grammar, but that’s what would fit with your rule. Weird.

TRIGGERED! Wow. WTH is a fruit sewer?

1 Like

You’ve heard of fruit leather, right? A fruit sewer works with fruit leather.

6 Likes

Yea. I am wearing my handcrafted banana jodhpurs right now. Somebody didn’t read the whole thread. There’s gold and guile up there ^^^, Kenny G. Stop fondling your soprano sax and feast your eyes.

I read your other posts. It doesn’t change anything. You can claim all you want that you are accepting of these people’s lifestyle but it doesn’t matter. You are still doing the work of the people who want to reverse progress. If you were as enlightened as you claim above you would just say “good for them” and move on, chuckling silently about people’s choices in sharing their news. When you scream “WHO CARES?” like you come off as you are adding to the shame pile and as I asked before just fucking stop.

Still don’t understand fruit sewer though.

EDIT: lol. Just saw that you quite literally said it was just like when homosexuals “come out” and WTF cares, so seems like I was pretty spot on.

1 Like

The remainder, this article, and how a divorce born of jealousy is already an issue for them swings it.

No, you are completely wrong. How does it feel to be wrong on the Internet? I am perfectly accepting of people’s lifestyle choices as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else, and in this case it doesn’t in the least.

But is it news?

That’s the question and that’s where we diverge. You take it as some defect in my character to point that out. And I take it as a defect in your character to grossly misread what I’ve written so that you may grind your axe of outrage at what you perceive as intolerance, so you can then loudly proclaim from the rooftops “you’re doing the work of the devil!”

To which I say, you are completely off base and go eat some fruit leather.

This behavior is de rigeur here on the Internet. Take someone else’s statement out of context without having read all of what was actually written. And/or cast your own reading upon something they wrote and then start poking your finger in their eye as a bad person. Then, when you realize it might be time to take a bite of crow, double down on the poor choice you made and poke some more: “It doesn’t change anything.”

Yawn.

This is precisely why the BBS is so utterly boring; shit like this makes actual give-and-receive conversation near impossible. Nor fun nor enjoyable.

Why do you think Cory, Xeni, Mark and David spend so little time here? Because the BBS is an abomination. And you are a great example of why it has become like this.

1 Like

Try reading my post. I acknowledge that there is no indication of your personal opinions on the rightness or wrongness of their lifestyle. What I take issue with is people yelling “who the fuck cares” when it is important for marginalized people to speak out. Is it news? Not in the sense that some things are sure, neither are squirrels on tiny skis, but it is still a message that is important. Love exists in many iterations and as you said above, there are people who need to see this.

So ill say again, if you really are fine with what they are doing, quit complaining. Your complaint about their announcement is just as negative as someone speaking out against their “moral failings.” We are not as inundated with these things as you claim.

Also I’m wrong on the Internet a lot as most people are so I really don’t mind.

I’ll also add that I haven’t personally attacked you once yet you continue to cast slurs at me. So as to who is supportive of actual discourse or discussion…

3 Likes

I thought that the “fruit sewer” was what they call it when I wake up on the floor the morning after a party with a banana up my ass.

“Please excuse me, I need to use the facilities to pee and unclog the fruit-sewer before I go.”

5 Likes

That’s a slur. We should discuss the actual topic. You, like so many others, get on here and go for the jugular. It’s stupid behavior and I am calling you out on it. In your own words:

That is not a slur in any way shape or form but okay dude.

2 Likes

Look up the definition of the word slur.

I read it as sewer too. Still confused as to what the insult is supposed to mean.

1 Like

Right. Still not a slur anymore than diasagreeing with someone could be called a slur. “You saying im wrong could damage my reputation!” Even so it isn’t a personal insult, which is what I said I didn’t do. So what’s your point?

2 Likes

Gah.

You have every right to your opinion. You do not have the right to voice your opinion and expect no criticism. Calling out @beschizza like that was completely inappropriate.

Or am I not allowed my opinion either because I happen to be the Mod here?

On topic:

I think this is great to see, and a world where these issues are discussed in public, rather than hidden (or worse, affairs) is a better world for everyone, IMHO.

As for publication? I love my partner and want the WHOLE WORLD to know it because it makes me happy to see them recognized for awesomeness. I fully intend to shout our marriage from the treetops because I feel unbelievably fucking lucky to have someone so amazing choose to spend their life with me. If someone believes that it’s inappropriate to announce those feelings, or it’s attention-seeking behavior to do so? I accept those criticisms. But it has nothing to do with my spotlight.

7 Likes