Married couple get divorced so their girlfriend doesn't get jealous

I’d rather have a man solarium.

Actually, my wife and I both have private studies, though no basement. If the door is open, the other is welcome to come in without knocking. If the door is closed, we know the other person is focusing on something and would prefer not to be disturbed. Each having our own dominion within our shared dominion was something we both agreed on before we ever moved in together, as we are both people who like to be alone with our thoughts and our projects.

19 Likes

5 Likes

I’m no comedian, but if you can’t appreciate a real-world polyamory saga containing the quote ‘Well, I was selling reptiles in the mall when…’ without ejaculating a term paper, you’re not exactly a bucket of chuckles. Wasn’t the last chunk of your screed all about people desperately nitpicking things to be offended by? Dear god, man.

1 Like

I wasn’t even going there.

1 Like

Nice projecting.

2 Likes

Because people have gone public opposing such arrangements over and over and over and over and also try to make it illegal etc etc.

12 Likes

I can’t imagine what that something might be…

:barber: + :persevere:

5 Likes

20 Likes

There’s family and there’s public. Public is this news article, or when a picture of the newlyweds with announcement appears in the local papers. Or in some cases, appearing on a balcony for all to see, like the picture of Diana and Charles.

Family is the ceremony/reception, which is not the same as making a public announcement.

Why these people chose full on publicity is beyond me… maybe they’re looking for a fourth to watch the kids while they’re… ahem?

1 Like

What are the actually real world legal implications for their children? (I assume those were their children in there). Also how much older are the two than their gf? Adults are allowed to adult however they see fit I guess.

I must have wandered in to an antique tool shop, because all I see is old saws.

This time, it’s “if you don’t think I’m funny, it’s because you’re offended”.

Yawn I mean, I’m so offended how dare you

13 Likes

Well, you posted a pic of Gary Coleman thinking “wtf”, the Nathan Fillan is Speechless meme, a gif of Colin Farrell looking disgusted, a gif of Dave Grohl angry at being stuck in traffic, and finally, a gif of a woman’s silhouette with signs above it saying “ME ME ME ME.”

When challenged, you said that the problem was that it was “announced in a press conference.”

What you intended to imply with all this is your business, but here’s what I’ve found in the past when I see this sort of elaboration.

First, when some people don’t like something, but they know that opinion of it is unpopular or indefensible, they first issue a vague sneer of sorts, then find something specific to complain about that they hope seems reasonable. Oftentimes, though, it is unreasonable or trivial, and they end up voluminously defending a position they don’t even believe in, which only makes everyone wonder about the position that they do.

Second, some just hate seeing anyone talking about people they don’t think deserve the attention.

Then ignore it and scroll down, instead of insisting that everyone else must know it.

30 Likes

These people seem happy and not harming anybody. So many other things-- important things – to get in a twist over (tRump, etc).

11 Likes

Kuntz and the Kaisers, sounds like a golden age radio show…

Anecdotally, FWIW, one of the most awesome children I’ve ever witnessed is being raised by an also very amazingly awesome polyfam. At only 4 they already have emotional intelligence far beyond their years, empathetic, chill, funny. Can’t wait to see how that human turns out, and it’s a treat to watch 'em grow up.

15 Likes

I wouldn’t do well with this type of sister-wife/girlfriend arrangement. It’s tough enough getting permission to play golf from one spouse.

3 Likes

Yeah dude, I‘d take a deal like this as well.

2 Likes

I like this guy.

1 Like

Nice in thought but I’ve never seen in work in practice.

Power dynamics and jealousy etc, plus they are young…

So now I’m not allowed to voice my option essentially that “eyeroll why is their relationship status a story?”

Got it. Thanks. I’ll shut my mouth now and not post anything on BB again since my opinion is not acceptable to you.

1 Like

You do remember what the failure mode of clever is, right?

6 Likes