Martin Shkreli buying domain names of people who write about him

What’s the point of this cultist chanting? it’s totally counter productive and actually detrimental to public discourse.

Would it be more counter productive than raising drug prices for the ill? Because, you know, I think he’s an asshole, too.

14 Likes

So write mean things about Shkreli, and he will bid for my domain name?
The market is sending me a signal here.

11 Likes

I’m not going to disagree with you that he has serious mental health issues. However, I do think that addressing the drug pricing problem is a little bit more complex than taking everything you read at face value. As ironic as it sounds, I’m fairly confident the costs of health care will increase if he is convicted.

11 Likes

Normally I’d never say this, but I hope he joins Scientology.

8 Likes

Here’s what’s been bought in his name:

5 Likes

Strikes me as more improbable than ironic.

10 Likes

Despite my abhorrence for his ruthless opportunism in drug pricing, I’m open to hearing (or reading) an explanation of how that process might go.

4 Likes

Ahahaha.

Hi, Martin! Nice of you to join us, comrade! Would you mind explaining what exactly happened in your early years that turned you into the most colossal bellend in the world?

(On the off chance you’re just astroturfing, could you pass the above question onto your boss? Kthx.)

19 Likes

Pharma Skeletons is a website that Martin made in a futile attempt to fend off the attacks he’s been receiving from PhRMA, an industry trade group leviathan. PhRMA is one of the largest and most influential lobbying groups in Washington. From Sourcewatch.org: Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, also known as PhRMA, is one of the largest and most influential lobbying organizations in Washington.[1] Representing 48 pharmaceutical companies, PhRMA has 20 registered lobbyists on staff[2] and has contracted with dozens of lobby and PR firms – including Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld,[3] Barbour Griffith & Rogers,[4] DCI Group[5] and The Dutko Group[6]-- to promote its members’ interests.

PhRMA kicked him out after the 5000% price increase. The website candidly points out some of the blatant hypocrisy of PhRMA and provides a brief summary as well as articles associated with blatant crimes and fraud PhRMA members have committed. There’s stuff about Oxycontin, tax avoidance schemes, patent flipping, etc.

I’m not saying that Martin is any less culpable for bringing this stuff to light, but it does appear that he is being made a scapegoat. Daraprim, the drug that put him in the news, is basically a statistical blip compared to some of the massive fraud going on in the industry. In other words, Daraprim has a petty market share and is statistically insignificant.

1 Like

Haha yeh, still not convincing anyone.

May I refer you to my above question(s), please?

12 Likes

“I’m not saying that Martin Shkreli is really misunderstood or anything but maybe you guys should give him a second chance…?” :joy:

13 Likes

Give us the CD!!!

7 Likes

I’m not Martin. He’s not my boss either. Did you even read or investigate what I’ve written?

Someone should do this (or perhaps one slightly more suitable for adding to bylines) and then offer anyone he targets in this way subdomains matching their names.

1 Like

OK, I’m sorry and I unreservedly apologise for being mean.

You registered one hour ago to fight the good fight on behalf of Martin “arseface” Shkreli, which is perfectly understandable. I mean, who wouldn’t? Given his horribly misunderstood history, it’s only right that someone would want to fight his corner.

I’m glad there are people like you in the world to help stand up for the little guy. Well done, champ! Keep telling it how it is!

23 Likes

Thank you for a straight answer to my antagonistic question.

I’ll have a look at pharmaskeletons, with as open a mind as I can muster.

6 Likes

Who cares?

Nope!

I’m not going to either!

10 Likes

well obviously this guy does… otherwise he wouldn’t be here asking questions…

5 Likes