Martin Shkreli buying domain names of people who write about him

Well yeah but astroturf is paid for after all. I’d care too if someone paid me to do this.

6 Likes

Being an asshole is not a mental health condition.

19 Likes

No, but being really misunderstood puts multimillionaire Martin Shkreli at a real disadvantage, you guys.

I think we should hear @aldt440 out. He’s got a bunch of points to make that I’m sure would make a huge difference to our perception of Martin “monstrous cloaca” Shkreli, after all.

13 Likes

That was totally worth figuring out how to get there /s

7 Likes

He doesn’t have buggermartinshkreli.com and felchingmartinshkreli.com yet? Somebody get on that.

5 Likes

He doesn’t necessarily own all those domains. For example:

Domain Name: martinshkrelimusical.com
Update Date: 2017-02-15T23:18:06Z
Creation Date: 2017-02-15T23:18:06Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-02-15T23:18:06Z
Registrant Name: Lauren Gundrum
Registrant City: New York

Martin Shkreli the Musical? It could be better than Cats!

11 Likes

Won’t someone think of the billionaires?

6 Likes

I’m not saying Martin is a great guy. What I’m saying is that this whole tar and feather exercise is pointless and a waste of resources. The fact that one of the biggest trade associations in the world would expend an absolutely massive amount of resources on some 30 year old has to raise some questions for you. In my eyes, securing his conviction is a deceptive gambit promulgated by PhARMA to quell public outrage related to Obamacare price increases.

Think about it for a minute. His conviction accomplishes nothing. Explore all likely outcomes.

I did well before you got here, it turns out that the Pharmaceutical industry is rife with assholes. I’m not going to defend one of the most obvious and well defined assholes because he is self made, younger, and only a small part of the problem. Just like I am doubly sore about Senator Manchin because his daughter is a scummy Pharmaceutical CEO.

However, you don’t really care about the issues either with your PhARMA/Obama conspiracy.

4 Likes

Well, what do you think is more offensive to sound social policy?

Shkreli Conviction:

Massive amount of resources wasted on small time white collar fraud that isn’t even related to price hike. Real criminals laughing because they are getting away with a lot more and public took the bait.

Public erroneously thinks social system of checks and balances works properly because of conviction and mass press circulation… Public thinks executives deterred from committing crimes in the future because jail is a realistic threat. Executive deterrence is a fallacy in this scenario.

Shkreli Walks:

The public will be even more pissed because they were misled by MSM on witch hunt. Perhaps executives that financed this character assassination will be reluctant to engage in similar strategy.

You know what, I for one, think you are absolutely right.

Don’t let these naysayers put you, or Martin down. I mean, some of these people :unamused: have been saying that Martin “festering cumstain” Shkreli represents everything that is soulless and wrong about capitalism taken too far.

I’m not one of those people, @aldt440. Prosecuting someone for soulless profiteering and then, say, stringing the bastard up like it was Nuremberg 2017 would be hugely counterproductive.

I, for one, am glad we have good, honest people like yourself around who can help the rest of us figure out what we are doing wrong with our lives and tell us how we can better appreciate our superiors. Because if anything, Martin “gargantuan pissnozzle” Shkreli, really represents everything that is right with the world.

You’ve certainly convinced me. :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Get that Hamilton dude on it!

5 Likes

Why do you say I don’t care? Obamacare has completely kicked my ass financially.

Hey, this could really be a thing!

http://www.laurengundrum.com/

Lauren Gundrum is a NYC-based lyricist and librettist. Her original work has been featured in CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, and Rolling Stone, among others. Lauren wrote the book and lyrics for PharmaBro: An American Douchical! (music by Joel Esher), which debuted at The Workshop Theatre during the 2016 Midtown International Theater Festival with a sold out run, and will premiere Off-Broadway at the Players Theatre in May 2017.

Lauren was nominated for the MITF Outstanding Playwright Award, is a member of the Dramatist Guild, and a participant in the Lehman Engel BMI Musical Theatre Workshop.

7 Likes

The world is a strange place.

5 Likes

Because nearly the entire health insurance industry is against the ACA, which is why Paul Ryan gets so much support from insurance companies.

Because pharmaceutical costs have more to do with blocking global trade of prescription drugs than any part of the ACA.

Because the ACA has nothing to do with pharmaceutical cost whatsoever.

4 Likes

Obligatory…

4 Likes

Your unironic use of “MSM” is very telling.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Sure, I’m all for Nuremberg 2017. I’ve been studying his transgressions for over a year now and I agree that he does represent rent seeking in a lot of ways. I also think that he’s the product of his environment. What I don’t understand is this whole “the media threw us a bone so we should attack it” mentality. Ever seen a movie where the bad guys give the guard dogs peanut butter so they can execute the heist?

Yes, it is counter productive to bust the dime bag dealer when the guy with the weight gets to walk.