Marvel at this incredibly inefficient puddle-shoveling

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/05/marvel-at-this-incredibly-inef.html

1 Like

Puddle shoveling, puddle shoveling.
I want to be a puddle shoveler when I grow up.

5 Likes

Throw a washing machine, mandolin and guitar in there, and you’d have something snappy.

8 Likes

Someone… ANYONE… please tell this guy about Shop-Vacs!

1 Like

He only has three people supervising him, though. This kind of work requires at least six overseers to be done properly.

18 Likes

Like a CALTRANS road crew. I am not kidding.

8 Likes

That was me in a former life. Only it was shit.

5 Likes

Maybe he was in the middle of shoveling snow and the area got hit with an unusually fast-acting heat wave.

6 Likes

If your supervisor told you to deal with the mess and hands you an implement, what would YOU do? I’d spend all afternoon slowly dealing with the mess.

4 Likes

I’m going to guess they get paid hourly. Not that the other two are doing much at all.

3 Likes

He’s obviously doing it because someone is pointing a camera at him and he has to, you know, look BUSY.

7 Likes

From STEC’s website:

CONSTRUCTION
With five top designing institutes, two top and eight first-class construction companies in the group, STEC is here to offer you the best economical construction design, advanced equipment and sophisticated management to ensure each project’s safety, superb quality, high efficiency and control.

2 Likes

You’re gonna want to use a push broom for that.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s gonna completely freak out when he learns about the sqeegee.

3 Likes
2 Likes

It’s nice to know public works crews are the same the world over.

(STEC is a state owned enterprise, Chinese SEOs being notoriously badly run).

1 Like

Well, the puddle’s not going to drain itself…

3 Likes

What do you expect? If you give a man a shovel then every problem looks like a puddle-shovelling one.

5 Likes

He’s not doing that right. See, you wedge it into a crack in the pavement and lean on it.

2 Likes

I was gonna say a hammer, but yeah a push broom might work in a pinch.