Maryanne Trump Barry, former judge and sister of former President, dead at 86

Originally published at: Maryanne Trump Barry, former judge and sister of former President, dead at 86 | Boing Boing

2 Likes

All of the best crime families have a judge as a member. I’m sure she wasn’t as awful as her brother is, but that’s a very low bar to clear.

8 Likes

Siblings dying off? That’s not a good sign for longevity.

2 Likes

Age 86 is longer than the average life expectancy in the U.S., or just about anywhere else.

Trump is currently 77, so if he lived as long as his sister did that’s definitely long enough to do some serious damage.

His father died at 93, and his mother at 88, so we can’t count on bad longevity genes taking care of him for us. As the song goes, only the good die young.

7 Likes

And as I say about my toxic narcissistic step-mother, the evil drives and sustains people like Biff.

3 Likes

By that metric, he’s going to outlive styrofoam.

5 Likes

She apparently inherited the family gene for tax evasion, but she sure as hell spoke the truth about her brother. From the link in the post:

Barry, 83, shared her opinion of her brother from his childhood to his presidency, calling him a “brat” and a “liar.”
“All he wants to do is appeal to his base,” Barry said of her younger brother in one excerpt of the recordings obtained by USA TODAY. “He has no principles. None.”
“His goddamned tweet and the lying, oh my God,” she said in another clip. “I’m talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying.”
Barry, a former federal judge, decried what Trump’s administration was “doing with the kids at the border” and scoffed at the president’s suggestion that he might send her there to help handle immigration cases

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.