Maskless Karen won't leave Arby's and pesters employees

5 Likes

Uh ohs, she said if that happened…

The tool part of her name seems to apply.

3 Likes

Huh, I wonder if it’s related to this trend:

(A thread showing how some of the most vociferous plague rats appear to be getting recruited from a talent agency site, and likely paid for their activities…)

15 Likes

I do feel a twinge of pity for some people who, though no fault of their own, are named Karen.

As a person with a K name myself, I am relived that it has not yet been chosen as a shorthand for society’s derision.

We have a very good friend in her 70s who is also named Karen. We’re freinds on Facebook and she’s hip to some things but not everything so I’ve refrained from posting any memes or video or any article with her name in the title out of respect and fear of her misunderstanding.

Her and I so far opposite in politics and things like abortion and social programs it’s amazing we’re such good freinds. She’s been very good to me and my wife and I can’t imagine not knowing her proving it is possible to have different opinions and still care for each other.

1 Like

The whole reason masks are still required is because of the low vax rates. Given her attitude, I don’t necessarily believe she’s vaccinated, as she claims. It was pleasantly surprising she didnt start “coughing” on him, to show how harmless she was.

I really think the use of proper names as a slur needs to stop.

PS: she looks more like iggy pop than a Karen.

She should go back to her own country if she doesn’t like it here.

8 Likes

Another useless idiot making an ass of themselves. The pandemic has culled many innocent people, but sadly left plenty of morons to spread anti science BS, and make scenes wherever they may appear. They crave the attention. Having an ELE with the Covid 19 global pandemic that leaves the morons around is just a cruel joke.

This is what most upsets you about this story? A guy making (most likely) minimum wage is forced to deal with someone who won’t abide by store policy. And unlike not wearing shoes, which is largely about liability for the owners, this digression potentially puts him, his coworkers, and other customers in danger. But yes, let’s think of the Karens.

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

@KathyPartdeux - yeah, ‘murica, love it or leave it, right? /s
These mask holes. Ugh.

16 Likes

I’m not sure where that sovereign state is -Likely one of the Soviet breakouts or a Balkan.

8 Likes

The thing that galls me with these “I’m really just here to instigate” people are the completely misinformed notions of what constitutes a “public space” with regards to private businesses. She mentioned the public space argument in her opening salvo, but it was hard to catch, then she reiterated later on.
There are actual laws and court rulings that do protect certain freedoms covered by the First Amendment in certain types of private businesses (think indoor malls), but just because a private business is open to the public – in order for people to engage in and purchase its services or products – does not make it a “public space” and those rulings are very clear about what makes something “public” (and so open to First Amendment protections*) and private (and so fully allowed to refuse service).
This misconstruing of the law is aggravating, but clearly purposeful by the BS sources floating these misinformational “facts” to be gobbled up by the Q-sheep who get their “I do my own research” from these sources.

*I need to add that I have serious doubts that the law or courts would uphold wilfully ignoring public health requirements and guidelines as being considered “free speech”.

4 Likes

Well, if this Karen and these other trollies really are just actors looking for a gig, then hopefully they were at least paid their SAG mandated scale rate of around $200 in order to ruin their reputations, future job prospects, and lives.

4 Likes

Oh My Gosh Facepalm GIF by HULU

So… okay… do people think that they do this kind of “work” and that at the end of the day, once they’ve helped basically destroy the US, and damage the world by helping to prolong a global pandemic, that they are now going to put this on their reels and get jobs as actors in more mainstream shit? Like “This is great for my career, the casting directors will be all over me! I’m in the next Marvel movie for sure!”…

5 Likes

Same here. The misinformed notion that they have the right to be in that specific space is infuriating. Everyone has bent over backwards to make sure people can access the services what with curbside pickup. But no, that’s not enough. Fucking assholes.

In other news, I just got back from the grocery store and a surprising number of people were masked, so that’s nice. It had started dropping off around here, even though cases are still high in terms of our overall rates through this thing. Maybe people who go earlier in the day are more wary. :woman_shrugging:t2:

IKR?!? Did you see the guy who was doxxing the school board or city council members? What a great resume builder. “I get people killed!” /s

6 Likes

I can care about people named Karen and the store clerk equally and at the same time. It’s an incredible ability I have.

1 Like

Yet I don’t know you, and nothing you wrote indicated any concern for the clerk, just the name used for the aggressor, so hopefully you’ll forgive my misunderstanding.

5 Likes

There is nothing I can do for the clerk, but a comment on the board may have some sort of impact on the boingboing headline writers who seem to be using “Karen” as a pejorative more and more frequently. At least that was my thinking, such as it was. But anyway, yes no harm done. Forgiveness granted, and I will be more thoughtful in my commentary.

1 Like

One down, 657 million more websites to go.

4 Likes

Is this the right room for an argument?

2 Likes