Massive rogue wave crashes through restaurant doors in Marshall Islands (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/23/massive-rogue-wave-crashes-through-restaurant-doors-in-marshall-islands-video.html

2 Likes

I mean - the whole place is like 2 inches above sea level - this must be a somewhat regular occurrence?

2 Likes

Massive Rogue Wave = the eventual state of these places as sea levels continue to rise. Much like Canada, I take objection to the term “rogue” wave when it’s really “global catastrophe” in progress.

17 Likes

“Who ordered the fish?”

7 Likes

How is the Canadian Broadcasting Company using the term “rogue wave” CORRECTLY and explaining why a California news broadcast was wrong and the science behind using the term correctly?

Also, there are dramatic images you could have taken from the actual footage of the event, why are you using a stupid AI generated image instead? Nothing quite sensationalistic for you guys?

2 Likes

They hate it when people order the fresh fish. From sea to table. Literally.

1 Like

Last similar wave was 2014. It will of course be of interest seeing what happens going forward.

2 Likes

because AI is cheaper than licensing news photos

2 Likes

What happened to the people right outside the door?

2 Likes

they were ushered in rather abruptly.

1 Like

ah. that’s surely the reason.

The government should pass a law against that.

Watched it twice, and the caption showing in my head was, This is what sea level rise due to climate change looks like.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.