Matt Gaetz publicly floats the next possible Speaker after McCarthy gets ousted

Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

2 Likes

That’s a bit of a stretch goal for her.

8 Likes

Ever notice he has an uncomfortable amount of forehead?

1 Like

I mean, yeah, but they are clearly gunning to shut down the government anyway. And, they certainly haven’t been doing the People’s work since this Congress was sworn in. They are too busy hand wringing about Hunter Biden and salivating over the process of impeaching Joe Biden in retaliation for, Trump doing super illegal stuff I guess? They are already pretty damn non-functional and I don’t see that getting any better. They are just going to keep chasing the next crisis of their own making.

5 Likes

Ever notice he looks like a 1970s televangelist? I mean, damn. He must have raided Jim Baker’s wardrobe for that suit.

3 Likes

The Metalunan people are deeply embarrassed by him

th

5 Likes
3 Likes

In order for him to be humiliated, he has to be capable of shame; in order for him to feel shame, he has to have a conscience.
Haven’t seen that in evidence on his part.
Same goes for most of the so-called GOP.

He has had his chances to make the lunatics in the House irrelevant by making overtures to the Other Side of the Aisle, but has chosen not to do so.
Fuck him. He deserves to see his long-held dream crumble in front of his eyes, in a slow-motion nightmare he cannot stop.

Obviously, anything Gaetz wants is poison; he is probably rubbing his hands with glee at the seeming demise of DeSantis & is studying plans of the Governor’s Mansion in Florida… wondering where to put the pool table…

Who is also two heartbeats away from becoming POTUS.

Gohmert retired, but his legacy lives on.
The fight for his title is savage and the contenders are legion. They outdo one another every day…

I would go further & say that all members of the Sedition Caucus should be immediately removed from office and thrown in the brig to await trial.
Even better if it were done nationwide.

I don’t doubt for a second that those replacements those States send would likely be worse MAGAts; I have no idea how business would be done in Congress before those replacements were sworn in, though.

She wants to be Lord Dampnut’s Veep so badly she can’t stand it.
It will be fun to see her reaction when he chooses someone younger & prettier…

5 Likes

He’s a warlock!

4 Likes

Business as usual, but the majority would temporarily shift to Dems until those seats were filled. Just like if a representative dies in office or retires unexpectedly, the business of Congress just keeps going.

5 Likes

Ah, so no downsides, then.
It would be a real shame if state-level interparty squabbles kept those seats vacant.

4 Likes

… every “government shutdown” is a rehearsal for dictatorship — and for some reason the Republicans always do this when it would make a Democrat the dictator :confused:

4 Likes

So I think to myself - “Well, McCarthy is pretty terrible. How much worse could Emmer be?”
googles Tom Emmer and spends 30s reading the wiki
“Oh… THAT much worse”

Like… at this point he’s basically running up the score on the worst possible version of a political platform

6 Likes

Sure, you figure anyone in that party will either float or flush. Throw him in the ring. You’ll either get confirmation or closure. :grin:

2 Likes

Most? What exceptions can you think of? Seems like any sort of conscience is antithetical to being in the GOP.

5 Likes

Yep.
I know it seems like all of 'em.

Well, there were a few of 'em that voted to impeach Lord Dampnut, for example.
Then there were those in the Texas [Texas!] House that voted to impeach the criminal AG, Paxton… there were even a couple in the Senate that voted to convict on most of the charges.

So, not all of 'em are foamy-mawed fascists; but too damned many of 'em are.

Sure does.
Overwhelming lust for power and control seems like a prerequisite.
Today’s [so-called] GOP is like a bucket of live crabs, crawling over each other trying to escape & pulling each other down in the process.

1 Like

You know what they call a person who associates with neo nazis and does nothing to oppose them?

A neo nazi.

All republicans are neo nazis by dint of accepting them into their rank and file and letting them run amok within the party.

5 Likes

And frankly, the few that have voted to support democracy, rather than go along with the move to fascism aren’t really much better… they’d just prefer that their shitty, retrograde policies are passed with “popular support” (because fewer of us can vote thanks to their policies) and/or tactic sign-off by the judiciary. It’s not like they’re less racist, less misogynistic, less anti-immigrant, less anti-working class… they’ve just managed to dress it up with a veneer of popular support via electoral politics. But the whole shit has stunk to high heaven since at least Reagan and arguable since Nixon… :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.