Matt Gaetz's letter complaining that Kevin McCarthy has taken residence in the Speaker's office

A power vacuum … in its fullest and most tangible form.

3 Likes

So how do we get them to switch from”suck” to “blow?”

suck GIF

4 Likes

I think Rep. Jeffries should get to use the Speaker’s offices until someone gets more votes than him. That’s probably Gaetz’s intent.

6 Likes
1 Like

McCarthy has already moved into the Speaker’s suite, which we’re told is standard protocol.

Told by whom?

We know it’s not common for a would-be Speaker to move in before they secure the votes to hold the position because it hasn’t happened in at least a century, if ever.

2 Likes

Democrat Hakeem Jeffries has received more votes than McCarthy on 6 votes and counting. McCarthy is negotiating with his detractors. God knows what he’s going to have to give away to get their votes.

• The members of the Freedom Caucus get to use him as a footstool for two hours a day while the House is in session.
  • Freedom Caucus members get to choose any hat for McCarthy to wear when he presides.
  • McCarthy has to say “Brought to you by Carl’s Jr.” every time he bangs the gavel.
  • McCarthy has to give Lauren Boebert a pedicure while she sits in the Speaker’s chair and holds his gavel.
9 Likes

I’m guessing that GOP number 2 (Scalise) moved into his GOP leader’s office, and another GOP lieutenant (Stefanik) moved into that person’s ofiice, and it went all the way down from there. If McCarthy doesn’t win the Speaker position, I bet there will be a minimum of five Congresscritters who will be swapping offices. :thinking:

5 Likes

6 Likes

As previous minority leader of the House, his old office would probably be too large to be in reach of a freshman rep.

Isn’t there a good possibility that current minority leader Hakeem Jeffries (D) is now in there? Unlike Slytherin, I don’t think the Republicans have any special area of the building. (Otherwise MTG would be safely in the basement.)

5 Likes

McCarthy is dressed in a gimp suit on the behest of his caucus, which we’re told is the standard costume for his role.

3 Likes

It’s … complicated. My guess is that either they haven’t given McCarthy’s old office out yet, that they have a few offices in reserve under remodeling, or that he’ll have to switch with whoever does become Speaker.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.