Mayor says town seal depicting white man strangling Native American is a "friendly wrestling match"

I would think a redesign of the seal would be in order if for no other reason than it looks like a drawing from a sixth grade diorama. Just out of curiosity, has anyone asked the Oneida Nation? From their website it is obvious that they aren’t took keen on Native Americans as mascots, but I wonder how they view the seal.

3 Likes

they should replace it with Darth Vader force choking Richard LeParmentier

1 Like

I say leave them in! They represent the varied professions of Whitesboro and keeps the rugged, manly tone of the original seal.

10 Likes

I call shenanigans! If they were wrestling wouldn’t it look like this?

9 Likes

I imagine this controversy is the most interesting thing that’s ever happened in Whitesboro. Or at least, since the days of, ahem, “Indian wrestling.”

6 Likes

The Native American is clearly initiating a Tomoe Nage

6 Likes

You have to try really hard to not see Paula Deen throttling Ricky Ricardo.

16 Likes

Perfect for officer Friendly’s squad car to show people what it means to “have a friendly talk”.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, has anyone asked the Oneida Nation?

Don’t you know by now that only white guys have unbiased opinions on these things?

5 Likes

It was consensual erotic asphyxiation. The town is trying to become the capital of that community.

5 Likes

I like the way you think.

23 Likes

Holy shit, that’s awesome. How the hell do you keep topping yourself?!

20 Likes

Create something with Hulk Hogan or Randy Macho Man Savage. Something truly patriotic.

Another angle would be for the Mayor to bluntly come out and say that yeah, it is rather racist, but this is what our past was. Our forefathers thought and acted like this, and it would be cowardly to sweep it under the table and create a fairytale past. So we’re keeping it.

Wow…
In the new one you can clearly see the “white man’s” hands are on the natives shoulders.
In the old one ( zoom in) both hands are pushing.

There is no “town seal depicting white man strangling Native American” and that make’s this a non-news story.

Lost some respect there Mark… Click-bait?
Tisk tisk. I’d expect this silliness from Rob not you.

1 Like

Is someone still maintaining the list?

You think BB is a “news” site?

3 Likes

Some day I will earn my spot on that list.

Some… Day…

3 Likes

God but what I wouldn’t do for some more Ms. A. Whiteborough.

I said this was a news site?
To funny
BoingBoing is a collection of crazy folk, Sometimes as bad as fark.

/enjoy kiddies