McCain says Obama is "directly responsible" for mass shooting in Orlando

You better not be Fark’s man Drew, or I owe you some comeuppance, man…

You sure seem savvy like Drew…

Drew’s a coward politician and a stealer, so it wouldn’t be you, unless you were feeling overly-powerful and immune…

Hmmm.

Either way: message sent.

the worst kind of point!

I thought he was funnier when he was just helping four other Senators defraud the public of billions. At least he was willing to work with Democrats on that one.

4 Likes

So only 4500 military personnel in Iraq on a daily basis isn’t enough?

How many does McCain think we need? If we had 100K trips in Iraq, would this guy have only killed half as many innocent partygoers?

Perhaps with 200K trips there, Mateen could retroactively never have been born, or somehow gotten treatment for his anger and mental health issues?

I bet that 300K troops in Iraq would make America’s violent intolerance of queer folk disappear, and Mateen could have found acceptance of himself, reducing his anger, self-hatred and frustration.

Maybe with half a million troops in Iraq, America’s toxic gun culture would simply evaporate and the government would get off its corrupt NRA-owned ass and legislate some common sense rules - like people under suspicion of terrorist activity can’t buy guns, or people with a history of violence can’t buy guns, etc.

• Clearly the only thing that could have saved those 49 people is a greater commitment of troops in Iraq!
11 Likes

I thought picking Sarah Palin was his lowest moment. But I guess crawling in bed with Trump tops it.

At one I used to think he was rational.

4 Likes

Your logic has clarified McCain’s position immensely. Your service is appreciated!

1 Like

I heard the Donald prefers guys who didn’t get captured. You know, winners.

11 Likes

If we escalated our troop presence enough then we might have to re-institute the draft, thus getting violent young American citizens like Omar Mateen safely out of the country.

2 Likes

Thanks for the laugh.

It is worth remembering, back literally ten years ago :

Stewart:
You’re not freaking out on us? Are you freaking out on us? Because if you’re freaking out and you’re going into the crazy base world — are you going into crazy base world?

He dove into that mess, and we could all guess that he wasn’t ever coming back up.

4 Likes

He’s just playing to his constituents and following his party as it slides off the far end of the right-wing spectrum. He looked at the two lunatics who garnered the most attention in the primaries and said to himself, “I better get with the program”.

4 Likes

Problem solved!

Why stop following the chain of events at Obama pulling out of Iraq? Keep going, McCain. We should be able to trace this back to the real culprit: God (he did create Adam after all).

4 Likes

Reminds me of people who say “don’t take this personally, but here’s something personal I don’t like about you”.

4 Likes

oh, and you think single celled organisms just appeared out of thin air?! typical.

4 Likes

2 Likes

You have a point, but I think it should be remembered that people in the US have come a long way in the last few years. My parents are an example that I can relate. When I was young, they absolutely were opposed to any public display of homosexual affection, or gay marriage. Their attitude now is not one of approval, but they support gay marriage, military service, and every other right afforded to anyone else. That is a pretty big deal, and probably as much as you can reasonably expect in such a short amount of time. And I am not sure that any of us can insist that everyone else approve of who we are or how we live our lives. As long as they support our right to be who we are. Which is not saying that there is not plenty of room for progress.

4 Likes

This is the guy who thought that the government should use its power to shame people into following some sort of national greatness morality. He’s just another political attention wh… uh, megalomaniac.

STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM AND HE’LL SHRIVEL AND DISAPPEAR. Pretty please stop?

4 Likes

John “I’ll Say Any Dumb Old Thing” McCain.

3 Likes