McDonalds open-sauced the Big Mac recipe

If you want to save a few calories, order a Mac Double off their discount menu.
Subtract Ketchup, add special sauce, add lettuce, add pickles. They charge about 30 cents for each addition.

Anyone who has ever had a Big Mac gets cravings.

Isn’t that just phenomenal? What else does that? Ice cold Coke?

I happen to be in Switzerland, and regrettably wasted my BigMac chance on a “Prime” - the local McDonald’s burger.

#sadaboutthat

2 Likes

It’s just so jarring whenever he says “…in our restaurants…” which somehow seems the wrong word for it.

1 Like

He forgot the rat droppings and dismembered finger tip…

…correction, it looks like McD’s is one of the few junk food joints that isn’t finger lickin’ good.

The Other Arby’s Finger Incident has an ominous ring to it.

I’m surprised that McDonalds has an 'Executive Chef"

In Crested Butte, CO, there is a restaurant called Secret Stash. They have a pizza called the Mac Daddy which tastes like a Big Mac, only better as in much better. And it’s a pizza. It’s fucking gorgeous.

It looks like a pile of pickles, but really, it’s GOOOOOOOOOOOODddddddddddddd…

10 Likes

There is a local burger joint that has a similarly named burger with the same ingredients, but well made. It’s pretty great.

4 Likes

That. Sounds. Amazing.

3 Likes

Embarrassed, as always, to have grown up in Oshawa, ON.

I’ve messed around with trying to make decent fast food burgers at home and it seems you need to blend a few different cuts of meat in order to approach anything like a hand made burger, let alone one of the state-of-the-art, engineered up the wazoo concoctions like a McDonalds burger.

I wish the chef in the video hadn’t just pulled out a bowl of ground ‘100% beef’. Damnit man! That’s the most important step.

Ribeye and short rib seem to be important. I read a small amount of ox-tail makes a difference. Rump works but is maybe a bit too bland.

Anyone got any tips?

(Other than find a decent butcher, I’ve never once in my life bought decent burgers from a butcher in the UK.)

I used to make Orange Juliuses (Juliusi?) at home pretty frequently - as it turns out basically the secret ingredient is just vanilla extract :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Cat? you wish!

1 Like

Mmmh, Julii…

Crested Butte is about 4 hours out from me. I’m putting it on the list though for next time I’m in the area.

1 Like

Lots of good stuff to do there besides just eat that one pizza. TONS. Have fun! Gas up in Gunnison: cheaper.

2 Likes

The unsecret ingredient is a raw egg. I stopped buying them and started making my own when the local shop stopped offering them with an egg.

1 Like

I’ve got some climbing objectives near there. I bookmarked in my post-rock eats category.

1 Like

I’m not an experienced “climber” but I will scramble up Snowmass with you next summer. Experienced in the outdoors, though.

1 Like

One of my exes (in both the climbing and relationship sense) is pushing to get me back on the rock, as I mistakenly spent too much time focused on my job over a 4 year period. I feel old and creaky when I get out. On the flip side, she’s been climbing with a guy who is at least 10 years my senior and is set to have lumbar spinal fusion surgery. I’m currently job shopping and not even sure if I’ll be in the state by that time. (That’s my elaborate maybe. Could be fun, we’ll see.)

1 Like

Chalk me up for a definite maybe too because I have limited vacation time with my new job and I may not get much time for Colorado next summer. But my soul says yes.