McKinney “Pool Party” police officer Eric Casebolt resigns after video of teen abuse goes viral

Except that if he had gotten fired, he wouldn’t have gotten to keep his pension, and it’s pretty clear that he should have been fired.

2 Likes

The point is that people who are fired should still keep their pension.

3 Likes

Is that true though? You do make a contribution to your own pension, but it‘s not a retirement account. If you retire with a pension equalling x% of your highest salary, you get that for the rest of your life, right? Maybe adjusted for inflation or COLA? Not just until the payouts have reached the amount of your contribution or some other cutoff.

I’m too young to remember when nonunion private-sector pensions were a thing, so please correct me if my fuzzy impressions are wrong.

1 Like

The penumbral example of Muphry’s Law

6 Likes

More to this story than we have been to believe , I for one like all the facts not just the ones that support someones agenda:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=567_1433897480

I want that gif of him doing his ridiculous ninja roll to haunt him for the rest of his days.

Every job application. Every time someone looks up his name. That has to be the number one result.

He needs to be a laughing stock.

Also, @Brian_Downer. So glad you could join us here. Hope you stick around and join in the conversations!

Though I doubt you will.

2 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your account is 2 hours old!!!
I’m sure we’ll enjoy a long future of your engaging posts here on BB!

But they will probably be under brand new accounts also… Shame.

2 Likes

My agenda is “police officers” being held accountable for their illegal acts. What “facts” are in that “article” that contradict my agenda?

6 Likes

Maybe we can work on getting ALL CHARGES DROPPED for the young man who ran when Krazy Kop pointed a gun at him. That young man doesn’t deserve a criminal record.

(As the police so often say about themselves, he felt unsafe … and for good reason.)

3 Likes

It’s a dark day when we abuse eclipses.

3 Likes

Criminal charges wouldn’t go away simply because you resign. It seems charges should have already been brought.

You mean the fact that the racist old white lady who called the cops and her bigoted friend attacked a young woman who actually had a pool pass? Or perhaps the fact that the police responded to a 911 call about that very attack? Maybe the fact that when the police arrived they didn’t bother to see who belonged and who didn’t? Or the fact that the only person who needed to be arrested was the racist old white lady? Are those the facts you are speaking of? Or do you have a different agenda?

5 Likes

You “truth” is hilarious.

1 Like

Oh God, so much this. 911 callers are always behind the first half of the escalation at scenes like these. Some person calls about “thugs” causing fights and other violence and carrying weapons because they know that the police will come sooner and ready to crack skulls. I guarantee there was more than one 911 call made, but I bet the only one that mattered was the lady insisting those people had guns.

2 Likes

He’ll most likely be hired as a “police expert” by Fox News.

1 Like

But a great day when we eclipse abuses.

It’s almost as if the kids were acting like there was an armed maniac on the loose… oh wait…

3 Likes

Thanks for offering the “Other Side”; but that said nothing about the lady who may or may not be a racist slumlord

So he’s saying 8.3% of cops have a self-control and aggression problem and without training or firing could be dangerous to the public, and 91.6% of cops have a problem that they allow this behavior to occur and not only don’t report it or try to stop it, but actively cover up and fight attempts to curtail it.

Got it.

1 Like

Yeah…no. They’re talking about a tax-payer funded final salary pension, not a personal contribution pension - the latter could not be taken away because he was fired.

His resignation may be the end of any sanctions his employer can apply, but does nothing to prevent civil (likely) or criminal (sadly, unlikely) charges being brought.