(not the rose but the thorn)
“in his mother’s side”
(not the back but the side)
“she tried in vain”
(not the artery but the vein)
“but he never caused her nothing but shame”
(shame shame)
HE​:clap:LEFT​:clap: HOME :clap:THE DAY SHE​:clap:DI-IIIIED​:clap:
and then on to the song with presumably the stuff on the official participation record

sound familiar @SpunkyTWS (are you even still here?)

how’d it go at your theater after “capital T”?

4 Likes

By the time I get to heaven there really is going to be a hell of a show.

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there’s a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they’ve got a hell of a band…

3 Likes

Everyone in this thread:

Me, I liked his work with Jack Black on The Pick Of Destiny

5 Likes

That there is some old meatloaf.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Yeah the TMZ article linked earlier in the topic claims it is COVID:

The singer’s manager, Michael Greene, confirmed Meat Loaf died Thursday night. Sources with knowledge tell TMZ … he was supposed to attend a business dinner earlier this week for a show he’s working on – “I’d Do Anything for Love” – but the dinner was canceled because he became seriously ill with COVID. Sources tell us that his condition quickly became critical.

Depends how much we believe TMZ’s “sources with knowledge”. I have no idea what their track record is, but given how outspoken Mr. Loaf was about the issue, and how extremely contagious and dangerous Omicron is to the unvaccinated… I’d say it’s plausible?

4 Likes

TMZ is easy to slam for being a gossip / tabloid site, but they’re actually owned by Fox Corp. And while we may have issues with Fox Corp’s opinion and political side of things, when it comes to clear factual reporting in non-political spaces, they tend to be pretty good about their sources. So if they said their sources say Meat Loaf died of COVID, at very least you likely have three confirmed sources who would know who said that.

EDIT:

Also, before being owned by FoxCorp , they wee owned until late 2021 by WarnerMedia, which also owns CNN and is owned by AT&T.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That’s a bit of a tender subject, actually
rocky horror picture show i got a lil carried away GIF

4 Likes

Whoops!

10 Likes

You certainly brought the anticipa…

7 Likes

This is a great story.

5 Likes

Good interview with Ellen Foley.

5 Likes

It’s funny, but I remember Ellen Foley as an actress (Married to the Mob and Night Court). I had no idea she was a singer with Meat Loaf since I wasn’t a Meat Loaf music fan other than enjoying his performance in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

3 Likes

This is cool.

2 Likes

Except that he was anti-vaxx. He helped kill other people by opposing effective covid mitigation. It is highly relevant if he was hoisted by his own petard. He doesn’t get a pass on his pro-covid stance because he was famous or for being 74.

Well, I wouldn’t say I trust TMZ, but I do think the reported cause of death is plausible given the family is keeping it secret when there should be no need to do so.

6 Likes
1 Like

I know that’s a joke but just in case.

2 Likes