Meat Loaf dead at 74

Seeing it live was the best, the ending was always a drama.

Here’s some Meat Loaf trivia.

Ellen Foley (of Night Court fame) was the original voice on Paradise, she was replaced by Karla DeVitom who toured with Meat Loaf, on the video. Ellen also had a relationship with Mick Ronson and sang backup on The Clash. She was also the first one to record Steinman’s It’s All Coming Back To Me Now long before Celine Dion or Meat Loaf.

There are so many great live versions of this it’s hard to pick the best.

7 Likes

Sounds like he’ll be back!

4 Likes

A great rock musician who was in a lot of fun movies.

Sadly, he also doomed all of human civilization.

14 Likes

The Meat Loaf effect?

One flap of a leathery wing changing the course of history…

7 Likes

I sure opened a can of worms there, sheesh

2 Likes

I kind of liked this version best. Something about him being so sweaty and gross, and she makes out with him anyway…lol

6 Likes

People weren’t supposed to talk about it.

11 Likes

That was from a movie called “Roadie”. I saw it in the theater when I was about 12. Not a great movie but I enjoyed it because I had a bad case of the hots for Deborah Harry when I was a kid. Thank for sharing that clip!

5 Likes

They didn’t make a big deal about him being Meat Loaf. After all, his name was Robert Paulson.

4 Likes

That’s sad.

Guess ‘the thing he wouldnt do for love’ was take better care of himself to avoid catching a highly contagious yet preventable disease.

18 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, I wasn’t aware of that movie at all. I figured it was some kind of live concert video that was made.

2 Likes

Marvin Lee Aday, better known as Meat Loaf

His name is Robert Paulson. :face_holding_back_tears: His name is Robert Paulson! :sob:

3 Likes

So, from this, we don’t even need to ask the question “Was the guy vaccinated?” We know.

Never has someone typed the letters smh in solidarity with so many other people typing the letters smh.

2 Likes

I had to look that up. I was very confuzzled.
(Not a big Fight Club fan)

4 Likes

Alas, alack, Aday.

8 Likes

I don’t like feeding Trump’s view of himself as the most important thing ever by acting like he’s the End of Civilization.

I don’t think civilization is ending, but if it is Trump is just a tawdry sideshow on the way there.

2 Likes

One of the Four Horses’ Asses of the Apocalypse, perhaps.

10 Likes

It very well could be. I’m not generally prone to such thinking, but late stage capitalism is starting to crack apart in major ways that could be incredibly disruptive.

7 Likes

And Steinman died recently too.

10 Likes

I hadn’t seen. :cry:
I like to think he would’ve appreciated that the report in Rolling Stone was published on 4/20, though!

8 Likes