Meatless burgers are Satan's work

If you truly love the Dark one, you’d order a bacon double XL then stuff an order of chilli cheese bites in there too. It’s the only way to be sure.

4 Likes

I’ll have my burger with

3 Likes

But then again people of the book have a different valuation system for the life of a female.

5 Likes

When she is born, a female is the property of her father.

When she comes of age (you know, twelve) she becomes the property of her husband.

If she is widowed, one of her husband’s brothers inherits her.

And finally, if she lives so long, she becomes the property of her son(s).

I think I see a theme here…

4 Likes

Yup… And the difference persists across the 3 major theologies and thier derivatives. (Yes I’m painting with a very broad brush)

5 Likes

Wait, I am pretty sure there are no souls floating about everywhere. Have we measured them? Analyzed the soul? What is it made of? How is it part of human consciousness? What organ(s) is(are) responsible for its development and the seat of the soul in biology? Heart? Mind? Please point me to any peer-reviewed science that proves the soul even exists.

This guy must really hate store bought frozen pizzas because something like 75% of them USE NON-DAIRY CHEESE! (the horror!) He must start gibbering in tongues every time he walks past the non-dairy plant-based milks at the grocery store. Heaven (also illusory) forfend that he cast a glance at the tofu and seitan section!

So eating an Impossible Burger 2.0 makes me ineligible to be born again? Shrug.

2 Likes

Right? Though he’s got it all wrong. It’s not a plot. It’s an accidental (beneficial) side-effect.

10 Likes

Ooh, “Luciferians”. I like that.

We’re generally a pretty delightful bunch :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Poor “preacher”. Did he know that “before the fall” everybody (humans and animals) were vegetarians according to the Bible he supposedly believes? In fact, starving children are “Satan’s Work” as are those who enable the processes that lead to gross inequality.

5 Likes

Eh, these are the kind of people who insist global warming can’t be real because humans couldn’t possibly have that kind of impact on God’s Earth. Yet somehow humans can destroy the soul… with vegetables. Consistency or logic isn’t part of the package.

I’m sure he can point to a series of articles, some of which might be scientific, that he’s wildly misinterpreted because he doesn’t understand any of it, as part of an illogical chain of “proof” for his point. They usually can. (Anyone pointing out that he doesn’t understand the source material get dismissed, of course.)

It’s probably weirder and way more convoluted than that, based on previous experience.

One can do oneself a real injury trying to understand these kinds of fundamentalists. Ultimately it’s not worth it, either, because they’re just dumb and delusional.

There does seem to be a whole “Eat meat to own the libs!” thing because of climate change. I suspect this is related…

It’s possible, likely even, that he’s totally clueless about the thing he’s railing against. It would be par for the course with his type.

Many things, including a strain of traditional far-right conservative culture. (I don’t mean there’s a far-right Christian culture in the US, I mean there’s something that calls itself “Christianity” that’s simply a far-right culture.)

9 Likes

I suspect he misunderstood “seitan” as “satan” and figured his congregants were feasting on the flesh of the devil. That makes as much sense as any of the word salad attributed to him!

9 Likes

I am a lib…and I am eating meat right now!

2 Likes

Once again, I feel compelled in these here forums to post this:

5 Likes

Does “The power of Christ compel you?” Or just kinda general, demigod inspired compulsion?

7 Likes

I’m torn between Church Lady and LRR for this one…

On the one hand,

But on the other… Derek!

5 Likes

In this case, on behalf of cows that just love to be sacrificed (and turned into burgers), it’s straight up fear of the OT gee oh dee!

You totally need to make that happen and you need to paint the thing black, and go all in on pissing off squares however you can, and you’ll have my business.

hilarious business model, I like it. Any business model that pisses off religious people and makes me laugh at the same time is bound to succeed.

In fact the comments in this whole thread are hilarious and I’m laughing reading most of it, which is good because I almost went to meet my maker in the ER a couple days ago, or so I thought. I need a laugh, and pissing off stupid religious morons is my favorite way to laugh

3 Likes

Insane preacher? who could’ve guessed it? Rapture couldn’t take these fools away quick enough.

1 Like

I am dying of laughter even harder now, best gif ever, I really thought that was something else for a sec :laughing:

1 Like

I take a pro-meat-eating, pro-hunting stance, but I only hunt and eat reactionaries so they’re not sure how to feel about it.

6 Likes