Meet the Chinese "vampire" deer

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

5 Likes

A few years into my employment at my first gig (way back when), we were one day all surprised with new rules governing the use of the company recreation center weight room: Set days for women only. The official explanation: Some women had complained about the men’s smell. Just the sweat? Unwashed bodies/clothing? Both? Who knew. Anyway, things went like that for several months until the scheduling became too bothersome for everyone. So… back to the old coed use. Along the way, though, I bumped into a fellow engineer who I occasionally worked with. She was standing just outside the men’s changing room, right at the very edge of the entrance. “Waiting for somebody?”, I asked. “Waitin’ for ma maaaannnn!”, said she. I laughed at her delivery. So, she was waiting for her boyfriend. I then asked her what she thought about the days for women-only rule. She said she didn’t like it because she “loved” men’s sweaty smells. Coed use apparently afforded her that pleasure That’s when I thought more about her proximity to the men’s changing room which had always had the atmosphere of a high school gym boy’s changing room. Yes, that strong. And, yet, there she was, only ~40 feet from the comfy waiting area in the lobby. I look back on that as my first and best lesson about humans and smells.

1 Like

Years ago, at the San Diego Wild Animal Park (now the San Diego Safari Park, I think), they had a walk-through enclosure right at the entrance. It was there I saw my first Chinese water deer. I had never heard of the species before. There it was, tiny and cute, with giant fangs. I couldn’t believe my eyes. That sight has never left me.

2 Likes

Aye Aye, captain.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.