Megachurch Pastor Hope Carpenter: 'I cut people. I got a knife right in that pocketbook.'

image https://media.giphy.com/media/dnFjx6OcJNAha/200.gif

3 Likes

Wow, did she really wield that giant meat cleaver?

1 Like

From what I understand, these grays are considerably more benign. A ride in an actual spaceship. A little anal play…

The other ones are fleecing the stupid so that they can live extravagant lives.

One is f-ing people in the ass for research purposes, the others just for sheer greed.

6 Likes

A pleasant night of drugs and light hypnosis

5 Likes

“Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.”

Matthew 10:34 KJV - Think not that I am come to send peace - Bible Gateway

5 Likes

Life hack: swords can make neat plowshares.

11 Likes

Goddammit, Greenville!

I love that town so much, it’s consistently ranked in “best cities in the US to live in” lists, but it’s still in the Bible Belt. I left Greenville 15 years ago when the first mega-church was really popular, I had some acquaintences that attended and the stories I heard boggled the mind. I promise that there are plenty of cool, progressive people in that town, but I’m not super shocked to hear stories like this, either. C’mon Greenville, do better!

3 Likes

NOTE IN CASE IT IS NOT OBVIOUS, THE IMAGE IN THIS BLOG POST IS A PHOTOSHOPPED INTERNET VISUAL JOKE OF SORTS, SHE WAS NOT LITERALLY CARRYING A GIANT MEAT CLEAVER AROUND WHILE PREACHING. THANK YOU.

That right there is the sad part, that this disclaimer was needed.

Megachurch attendees really are that stupid.

1 Like

Jephthah’s daughter wasn’t so lucky.

6 Likes

American religion is getting more and more Jim Jonesy paranoia orgyish every year. I really am not looking forward to the time when it all falls down.

1 Like

most Bible stories are way more bloody than I cut people I got a knife, more like I curse you kids, I got two bears that will eat you all hah ahh hah.

3 Likes

Neither was the Levite’s concubine in Judges 19, speaking of cutting.

2 Likes
1 Like

I dunno… if I cut out everyone from my life who “threatened to cut a bitch”, I’d not have any internet friends…

As if the fundamentalists on Wade Hampton Blvd weren’t enough, now a prosperity mega church. It’s getting tough to see Greenville through the cloud of stupidity.

I was scanning the comments for this to post it if no one else had. I was thinking the pastor should consider whether they had the right cutting implement. Then again, I don’t know what they mean by “knife”.

7 Likes

I maintain that if a pastor is being paid enough to buy his wife a $200K sports car as a gift, without dipping into the church coffers, he’s being paid way too fucking much for someone claiming to be spreading the word of Jesus.

If Jesus is riding with her, I’ll bet he looks embarrassed, and it’s hard to scrunch down in a Lamborghini, even if you’re the son of God.

As for a crazy lady pointing out that she’s carrying a knife, I have no trouble believing that. Someone like her obviously can’t trust in her Lord to protect her; especially after the shit she says.

While I see where you are coming from, I am looking forward to that time, simply because then the mad nightmare may finally be over.

2 Likes

This literally made me laugh so hard I peed a little. Mainly because I do that whole say something outrageous and/or silly and then respond with “what?” when they inevitably say “what?” It’s amazing how effective that is in making them forget what you said.

3 Likes

Eh, I’m not so sure. Seems there’s a lot of “Our images are hilarious Internet visual jokes! Yours are obvious incitements to violence and the blood will be on your hands!” out there.

Get into Gods Word to see what He says about you!

[Matthew#26:52]
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.”

[1 Samuel 15:33]
But Samuel said, “As your sword has made women childless, so shall your mother be childless among women.”

[2 Chronicles 20:9]
‘Should evil come upon us, the sword, or judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we will stand before this house and before You (for Your name is in this house) and cry to You in our distress, and You will hear and deliver us.’

[Ezekiel 11:8-10]
“You have feared a sword; so I will bring a sword upon you,” the Lord GOD declares. “And I will bring you out of the midst of the city and deliver you into the hands of strangers and execute judgments against you. You will fall by the sword. I will judge you to the border of Israel; so you shall know that I am the LORD.”

[Hebrews 4:12]
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

[Proverbs 25:18]
Like a club and a sword and a sharp arrow Is a man [sic] who bears false witness against his neighbor.

[Isaiah 2:4]
And He [sic] will judge between the nations, And will render decisions for many peoples; And they will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they learn war.

2 Likes