Melania is so done in this humorous last-day video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/21/melania-is-so-done-in-this-humorous-last-day-video.html

7 Likes

the video cut off before we could see if they got into separate cars.

7 Likes

I’m less inclined to see this as an “I’m done” than Melania knowing the drill and getting out of the way when Donald stops for an “only me, me, me” photo-op.

16 Likes

Agreed. We love to read our own hatred of DJT into Melania Trump, hoping that one day she’ll walk out the front door and publicaly say “Yes! I hated him all along. I’m one of you!!”. She’s not. The fact of the matter is that she’s stood by him through everything, and is a woman with her own agency/ability to act independently. She’s not “over it,” she just knows the drill with DJT. It’s time for people to accept that she’s part and parcel of all of this. Complicit, willingly, in every way.

42 Likes

Worth mentioning that this seems to be more Lincoln Project “aggregating” other peoples’ content without attribution, which they have been often accused of. This was going around tiktok with that caption embedded in the video itself.

via Rex Chapman (also an aggregator, but tends to be a bit better with attribution…)

8 Likes

51 Likes

She’s wearing it right now?

16 Likes

She raided Mrs. Roper’s closet from Threes Company! I was there, and saw it with my own two eyes!
Un-seeing it will be more difficult…

26 Likes

One of my fantasies involves Melania being deported based on (so far a possibility) having illegally worked on a tourist visa in 1996, and on “illegally” being given a Genius visa.

13 Likes

I think it’s less that she knows the drill and more that she’s so utterly self-absorbed that she can’t be bothered with even the bare minimum protocols that Donald Trump is capable of sitting through.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/politics/melania-trump-thank-you-notes/index.html

11 Likes

18 Likes

@Papasan Hello, stranger.

9 Likes

Good to see you back. :+1:

9 Likes

Seriously though; that is one fugly-ass caftan.

And such garments need not be so hideous, as RPDR has proven:

7 Likes

I recognize how security is part and parcel of the job but I do think there needs to be a thought to the weird and antiquated way in which the president’s spouse gets an office job and official duties regardless of whether they want it or are qualified. They should do away with the position of First Lady/Gentleman and Second Lady/Gentleman other than a means to title the spouse of the president. Let the host of the White House be the White House Usher or another appointed position.

6 Likes

krypton

29 Likes

Fabric looks like she tore it off the seats in a 1980s airport waiting area?

2 Likes

From afar, the pattern reminds me of Dalek cosplay…

3 Likes

I don’t think she’s likely to ever publicly rebuke him but I don’t think her lack of affection for him is just projection on our part. The disgust is palpable.

nope-1 nope-2 nope-3 nope-4 melania-smile tenor nope-7

Not to mention how she put off moving to D.C. for as long as she plausibly could after he was sworn in, or how they were the first White House couple in generations to maintain separate bedrooms.

She really doesn’t like him. (Which is not to say that she deserves our sympathy, because she definitely doesn’t.)

20 Likes

An UNPAID job.

11 Likes