Melania Trump assures voters that husband Donald isn't Hitler

Ha! I had to re-read it, too! Funny how our brains work, innit?

4 Likes

Reminds me of another Slovak who made their country support (and be supported by) Hitler: Jozef Tiso.

Long story short, he sold out his countrymen for personal gain. Is that separate gold-plated bathroom worth it, Melania?

6 Likes

TRUMP UNIVERSITYā€¦ FAILED

Whoa there. Just because a company goes under, it doesnā€™t mean that those who created it failed.

The students who paid money into it failed (whether or not they got a passing grade). The investors and creditors failed. But if the person who created it made a fortune looting the students, investors and creditors, they might not see it as a failure.

Thereā€™s a booming business for vulture capitalists in buying up successful businesses, selling off their property and assets, loading them up with debt, paying themselves massive dividends, and letting the remaining husk of the company collapse. Ask Mitt Romney about it.

16 Likes

Hilary has also come out against it, making her position at least as consistent as Trumpā€™s. Trump has said itā€™s a bad deal, but he says that about anything Democrats have been involved with, even if he was previous for it - based on his statements, Trump clearly also has no idea what the TPP even is. Trump almost never has any specific policies - just vague suggestions that whatever it is, heā€™d do it better, ā€œbecause,ā€ and when he does have anything resembling a policy suggestion, heā€™ll fairly consistently contradict it, anything between 10 seconds and a few months later. About the only things heā€™s consistent on are the Mexican wall and no Muslims.

Especially since whatā€™s being left out is ā€œunite people against Mexicans and Muslims and other not-white-Christian types.ā€ Itā€™s funny how the most divisive Republicans describe themselves as ā€œunitersā€ as if that would negate the actual divisive rhetoric and policies and attempts to disenfranchise people. (Yet they also describe Democrats as ā€œdivisiveā€ becauseā€¦ something?)

9 Likes

Ā­ Ā­ Ā­

9 Likes

Gold-plated bathrooms are a traditional wise investment.

In the days before banks you could lose your bag of gold to a thief. Gold-plate your bathroom instead, and it would take too long for a thief to scrape enough away to be worth getting caught. But youā€™d still have that option yourself if your financial or political situation turned bad.

After banks, well, money sitting in a remote vault canā€™t be flaunted. As the saying goes, ā€œnothing succeeds like the appearance of success.ā€ About the only other way to flaunt large amounts of wealth was through land and mansions, but again, you couldnā€™t escape with them if your financial or political situation turned bad.

Itā€™s amazing what you can learn at Trump U.

14 Likes

Thats exactly what Hitlers wife would sayā€¦

7 Likes

Tired joke: Donā€™t insult Benny like that. Benny made one train once run on time.

1 Like

Umā€¦ Melania is Slovenian, though. Not all Eastern Europeans from former Communist states look alike, you know! :wink:

Tito was Slovenian on his motherā€™s side.

(That picture always makes me giggle)

5 Likes

Came here to say exactly this. The Wall Street Journal (of all newspapers) ran a story in March unfavorably comparing Trump to caudillos like Chavez:

Like Mr. Trump, Latin American caudillos recognize and exploit real grievances in their countries. They confront an ossified political establishment, develop a strong bond with their followers and attack their opponents and the media with no holds barredā€”sometimes even encouraging violence. ā€‹

Of course, come November, Iā€™m sure the Wall Street Journal will nevertheless fall in line and endorse him because heā€™s their caudillo.

3 Likes

Seems to me thatā€™s happening to most of the entire US (including public assets and services), and even to most of the rest of the world. And I donā€™t even have to ask Naomi Klein about it.

4 Likes

There are two ways to create unity, either unify everyone through agreeable policies and equitable treatment, or exclude/eliminate anyone who doesnā€™t agree and be left with unity-sediment.

7 Likes

Who would Hitler have been compared to when running for office, I wonder.

Also, a weird aside: Google has some strange ideas about what we need to know about Eva Braun.

Yes. Trump is a ā€œuniter,ā€ but those heā€™s uniting are united mostly by being against others. And since blatant, public racism against American citizens isnā€™t allowable anymore (ā€œCurse those social justice warriors!ā€), itā€™s now unity against foreigners. Certain supposedly darker foreigners, but again, saying that openly isnā€™t allowable anymore.

8 Likes

new term for mass graves?

1 Like

Letā€™s hope the campaign expands her role as a spokesperson. Assuming the burden of proof that your guy is not Hitler is like . . . is like . . .

3 Likes

Well, for the fact that itā€™s separate, definitely.

1 Like

Drumpfā€™s not Hitler, confirmed, trust me, OK?

A few years back, I hypothesized with a friend what would happen if someone [created a virtual universe/created a parallel universe/used a genie wish/etc] with the concept of ā€œcreate an Earth as it is right now, and deposit only the few tens of millions of regressive whites onto said planet. Everyone they hate is gone, but they appear to have the planet to themselves.ā€ Thatā€™s the setup. We then speculated on how long (not if) it would take them to create an Other from among themselves to ostracize in order to reinforce their tribal unities, and how long it would take before war broke out.

With Trump et al out there, Iā€™m downgrading my previously pessimistic estimatesā€¦

11 Likes

I wonder what image or images come into his mind when the thinks of the word people? I wonder what come into hers as well.

2 Likes