Men fight over photo op at famous tourist spot

Originally published at: Men fight over photo op at famous tourist spot | Boing Boing

I wonder if anyone ever tried recreating that rooftop set from the Harold Lloyd movie Safety Last! for tourists to pose at. (Probably would need a safety rail added though)

12 Likes

Amateurs. Choice wedding photo locations are where the serious brawls start.

8 Likes

The last “tourist spot” I ever went to was The Grand Canyon. In 1987.

I could barely see the other side due to all the haze in the air. I found a spot where I could sit near the edge just off the path. As I sat there, families just filed past me while saying “What should I take a picture of? I don’t know what to take a picture of! How much more film do we have?” Then they would wander on a little further and repeat the process.

A squirrel came up to me and sat down. He was there for several minutes so I grabbed an oreo cookie and gave it to him as a reward for not talking to me. He sat there and quietly ate his cookie. I took out my polaroid camera and snapped a pic of him eating the cookie.

The camera made that distinctive whirring/ca-chunk noise when it spit out the pic which in turn attracted seemingly everyone within 100 feet of me. "Oh LOOK!" said one woman “He got the BEST PICTURE!” Everyone else in her group conferred and agreed with her. They moved on down the path. NOW they had something to talk about.

They went all the way to the Grand Canyon and saw some guy take a picture of a squirrel eating a cookie.

33 Likes

A SQUIRREL eating a COOKIE?!!! :exploding_head:

11 Likes

Thank God nobody was wearing a red shirt.

16 Likes

Pix or it didn’t hap-

j/k I just wanna see the pic.

13 Likes

people fight over the dumbest things, film at 11.

8 Likes

I may have to nominate this as another - albeit unlikely** on the face of it - Wonderful Thing of the Month

4 Likes

What do you call a dozen influencers fighting over a rock and falling down a cliff?

A good start.

10 Likes

edit to add caption:
MAN FIGHTS SQUIRREL OVER COOKIE AT FAMOUS TOURIST SPOT

24 Likes

Squeeeeeee!

6 Likes

Um, no they don’t.

Pistols at dawn, mate.

3 Likes

I’m just glad you aren’t really dangling off the edge though. Fuck that.

4 Likes

images

9 Likes

"Oh LOOK! He got the BEST PICTURE!” :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

90% of all street fights sent up at the bottom of the cliff.

2 Likes

3 Likes

In a recent holiday trip, we climbed to the top of a mountain. It was a hard climb for me, due to physical issues, and is listed as a “medium difficulty” climb in general, but the top was filled with people getting pictures. Multiple times I saw people angry and yelling at each other, in various languages, for getting in the background of their “I’m alone on top of this mountain” shot.

I looked recently, when I told someone about the climb, and found that I only had taken 3 pictures on the entire multi-hour climb. Was almost hard pressed for proof. Wonder if I ended up in the background of any of those other people…

8 Likes

Thus ruining what would have been a much better story. Oh well, hopefully next time.

7 Likes