Menopoly: female lead missing from Star Wars Monopoly game

Hey, my last line is stating the reality of actual options. I am fairly practical when it comes to this sort of thing. When a company does something that is insensitive but also just down right foolish I am neither surprised by it, nor forever destroyed by it either. Its a board game. This is not what I personally want to put the line in sand over and rage quit about.

And if someone is that upset about it…then have at it!

I’m just pointing out that Rey is not hard to find or expensive in Lego, compared to other toy formats. (She’s the only character available in two Lego sets, and one of those is the cheapest. Collectors who have both the speeder and the Millenium Falcon won’t necessarily want to keep two Reys.)

If I have a point I guess it’s that Lego is cooler than Hasbro…?

4 Likes

Makes me sad that anyone should feel the need to say that. :frowning: But thanks for answering the question.

My son has the Rey speeder set, and he’s earned the Millennium Falcon (now mom and dad just have to cough up the $150 for it). It won’t bother him even a little to have a second Rey, but he’s only 6. To him any minifig, even a repeat, is a good minifig.

1 Like

HFS. $150? Does it come with real wookie fur or what?

2 Likes

It should, but no, just comes with over 1000 pieces and a pretty generous collection of minifigs.

4 Likes

what @IronEdithKidd said. yeah it is spendy but it is BIG.

1 Like

Fair enough. I recall mowing THE SHIT out of lawns* in my town as a kid to get this (in addition to the principal figures):

Probably cost $30 (?) at the time, for all I remember. But holy hell, didn’t it float so beautifully on those little plastic wheels?

*please stay off of them, thanks

8 Likes

My cousin had that speeder. I was so jealous…

1 Like

Large Lego sets are expensive. The Death Star set sells for like $400-500, I believe. We got a deal on the Star Destroyer set for my 6yo for XMas, and it was still like $110 or $120 at Target. He wants the Millennium Falcon for his birthday, sigh…

Which reminds me of Wil Wheaton’s story that he calls “The Trade” (wherein he was scammed by one of his parents’ friends’ kids into trading his FREAKING DEATH STAR for that speeder and $5).

4 Likes

An excellent trade. The wheels. The stickers! Wheaton came around in the end (and mine rolled better than Willie Nelson).

1 Like

Made one the king of the sandbox in kindergarten, I remember that well.

3 Likes

You’re going to regret turning off WearySky’s spoiler shield with your quoted response.

If you’re going to be picky, you have to be right: Darth Vader is a TIE fighter pilot.

2 Likes

I’ll concede that entirely. very true.

And on top of that… The “Tie Fighter Pilot” being referenced in Rob’s post is probably the one in Target’s Star Wars figure pack (which is referenced in linked Guardian article).

Being such a big fan of the movie and its lead character, I just went out and bought the awesome LEGO Rey’s Speeder. My first LEGO set in… 15 years? Haven’t had such fun as I did when assembling it in forever.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.