Merry Christmas, someone stole Jesus's foreskin

Loaves & fishes … foreskin … sounds about right.

4 Likes

So the theory is that the Catholic Church got their hands on part of a child’s penis? That does seem very on-brand.

20 Likes

Sometimes you just don’t want to know which bits of the sausage went into the sausage, amirite?

2 Likes

Re: Old pedophile priest jokes

“Care for some gum?”

5 Likes

Your arms ain’t long enough to circumcise the peepee of god.

2 Likes

Mmm, possibly, but there’s another interpretation. Roman soldiers were apparently issued with a rather acidic white wine (usually flavored with bitter herbs) as part of their rations. Among other things, it seems to have functioned as a minor painkiller, a sort of legionary’s aspirin, if you like. How much of it you’d need to drink before you stopped noticing the agony of crucifixion is an open question, but some scholars believe this was actually a well-meant gesture, rather than a mocking one: the ordinary soldiers doing what they could to alleviate slightly the suffering of the poor sod on the cross.

(Breaking the legs of crucified men was another merciful gesture: unable to support themselves, they would die rapidly, instead of lingering in agony for hours or days).

14 Likes

Simpe: Heavenly foreskin does not rot, therefore it was the one still left after 800 years, so they figured it must be divine.

2 Likes

And some wonder why I’m not religeous. I mean, I like a good joke, but I’m not about to believe in it.

2 Likes

v funny. yes

1 Like

Perhaps, but Romans using sponges as toilet paper is well-documented

Obvious really

1 Like

So of course is Romans using sponges as sponges.

And now the word’ sponge’ is starting to look weird thanks to overuse…

5 Likes

Jesus wants that back, STAT! He told me that he already has too much skin in the game.

3 Likes

Last I heard it had ascended to the heavens and was in fact the ring of Saturn.

Seriously, Google it.

8 Likes

te12nor (1)

6 Likes

One seemingly unrelated theory (I’ll get to that in a moment) is that the dark ages simply never happened. That Pope Sylvester II wanted to be Pope during the monumental year 1000 and so the calendar was fabricated, adding nearly 300 years that just didn’t happen (between around 600 and 900 AD).

I think this counts as evidence that the year 800 didn’t happen and Charlemagne is a fictional character.

7 Likes

Charlemagne: Crap, I forgot to get the pope a gift for Jesus’ 800th birthday and he’s arriving in an hour. Quick, what can we wrap up and give him?
Alcuin of York: I’ve got an old, broken rubber band here we could pass off as a holy relic…

7 Likes

that nun had visions of it when an angel appeared and placed the foreskin on her tongue, i swear

1 Like

Joke gifts were in that year?

(Always embarrassing when two people give each other Jesus’ foreskin.)

7 Likes

Maybe it was just some chewy calamari.

4 Likes