Metawatch. (Formerly known as Facebookwatch.)

Facebook used facial recognition without consent 200,000 times, says South Korea’s data watchdog

5 Likes
1 Like

Facebook Says ‘Unacceptable’ AI Error Led to Video of Black Man Being Tagged as a Video About Primates

4 Likes

Christ. Hire Black programmers and fix your shit, assholes.

7 Likes

I’m guessing that with the culture at Facebook this was the intended effect.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I’m going to have to have my glasses modded to shine lasers at their cameras.

2 Likes

“ Latinos have also been subject to widespread vaccine-related misinformation due to social media platforms’ lack of ability to accurately detect misinformation written in Spanish.”

Maybe some “cool” glasses would help?

4 Likes

Damn, Zuck…

3 Likes

Thread:

6 Likes

Clegg on its face: Facebook turns to former UK deputy PM to fend off damaging headlines

2 Likes

I remain hopeful that with Cleggy on the case he’ll drive fb into the ground just as successfully as he did his party.

5 Likes

Never forget who else is connected with Facebook.

In 2019, while on a trip to Washington to answer questions from Congress about his digital currency, Thiel joined Zuckerberg, Jared Kushner, Trump, and their spouses at the White House. The specifics of the discussion were secret — but, as I report in my book, Thiel later told a confidant that Zuckerberg came to an understanding with Kushner during the meal. Facebook, he promised, would continue to avoid fact-checking po­litical speech — thus allowing the Trump campaign to claim whatever it wanted. If the company followed through on that promise, the Trump administra­tion would lay off on any heavy-handed regulations.

3 Likes

Yes, we have collaborated in violating your privacy, despite promising not to, and we were wrong. We never should have promised to protect your privacy in the first place.

Wait, why are you getting angry with me, I’m being honest. Tough choices and so on.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Mark Zuckerberg is really leaning into the whole Goebbels role.

5 Likes
1 Like

Isn’t that special.

4 Likes
2 Likes

one-punch-man-okay

Well, good luck with that. :+1:

It looks like David Cameron’s bag carrier is being set up as the sacrificial lamb.

3 Likes