Metawatch. (Formerly known as Facebookwatch.)

It’s long been clear which side Facebook is on.

5 Likes

10 strikes seems a little high, how about a zero-tolerance policy instead.

3 Likes

“And who are we to call balls and strikes? It’s all so subjective anyways. Best just to err on the side of calling it a ball.” /s

3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Horrible news for Zuck’s shitty VRChat for businesses

7 Likes

So building on the success of open offices and hot-desking! :unamused:

4 Likes

“Everybody” now knows that Zuck and Elon are evil dumbasses. Something certainly not the case of Zuck 10 years ago or Elon even 2.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

4 Likes

I do feel bad for the employees though, because this sounds terrible.

In an internal memo published by The Verge, Meta chief product officer Chris Cox indicated that Meta would be raising expectations on current employees and setting more aggressive goals for them so they could decide if working at the company was the right fit for them.

“I have to underscore that we are in serious times here and the headwinds are fierce. We need to execute flawlessly in an environment of slower growth, where teams should not expect vast influxes of new engineers and budgets,” Cox writes. “We must prioritize more ruthlessly, be thoughtful about measuring and understanding what drives impact, invest in developer efficiency and velocity inside the company, and operate leaner, meaner, better exciting teams.”

I hope most of them are in a place to decide the company is not the right fit for them.

4 Likes

They decided to work for Meta. They have other choices and they’ll probably land okay.

2 Likes

Because the user wells are running dry?

5 Likes

This should surprise no one, but Joshua Benton, over at Nieman Lab, has a really fantastically well-reported article about how Facebook basically wants out of the news business entirely. It goes through multiple reasons why this is the case, but a big one is that Rupert Murdoch’s decade-long demands that Facebook and Google simply fork over some cash to news organizations (for sending them traffic) has finally had some modicum of success in Australia, and is now being considered elsewhere around the globe.

3 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Famous people have been throwing a massive fit for the past few years about the service

1 Like