Metawatch. (Formerly known as Facebookwatch.)

3 Likes

‘I wasted the best years of my life on Twitter’: The future regrets of Generation Z

4 Likes
2 Likes

Knew it. VR isn’t gonna ever be mainstream. Until you can literally self-induce a dreamlike state where you go into such a VR experience without any fancy headgear, implants, and such it’ll just be a niche market.

Now, virtual worlds and an open internet are things that could go mainstream but it takes the companies actually making their IP free (as in beer and as in freedom) to the world but the chance of that happening is basically zero.

2 Likes

What does it say about the news that I thought you were gonna say “other people” right there.
:weary:

2 Likes
1 Like

Something, something, MySpace…

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds like something that Meta would do.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Metaverse vs web3 bun fight.

Sandworms eat you all!

3 Likes
1 Like

Meta gripes about leap seconds happening every other year. Meanwhile their users have to deal with inexplicable product changes every other day.

Suck it up, Zuck

5 Likes

Your medical data - along with hospitals.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Trust the algorithm. Humans need not apply.

3 Likes

i originally saw this on ars. i’m not linking to it because the author repeatedly refers to the fetus as “child”. forbes at least seems to appreciate there’s a difference

6 Likes

this is truly, the stupidest of all timelines.

3 Likes

Facebook is really going all in on the whole fascist Gilead bullshit. And why not? That’s where the money is. Assholes.

2 Likes

yeah, or the loss of money maybe. i think they know they’re more likely to get sued by one the conservative states and lose, then they are to get sued by some individual

i also suspect it’s endemic in their culture from zuckerberg on down

2 Likes