Metawatch. (Formerly known as Facebookwatch.)

1 Like

Liability needs to established, preferably in legislation rather than protracted court battles.

CDA Section 230, I would argue, is not there to protect business whose revenue depends on harvesting and promoting user generated material for advertising revenue.

In the physical publishing world, if an AP article slanders me and the Toronto Star publishes it, I can go after the Toronto Star. If someone tapes a slanderous page on a lamppost, I can’t go after the city, but the city will take it down eventually. If the material in question is criminal, then the game goes up a level.

If Facebook recommends, promotes or advertises beside material that hurts kids, they should be as liable as if they stood inside the kids’ bedrooms and plastered it in person to the walls.

1 Like

It’s almost as if the visit to the hill did nothing at all to their stock

1 Like
3 Likes

I think Zuck has become too used to Elon providing trending cover for him.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Meta to try ‘cutting edge’ AI detection on its platforms - asking people to add labels

1 Like

Meta says risk of account theft after phone number recycling isn’t its problem to solve

Meta has acknowledged that phone number reuse that allows takeovers of its accounts “is a concern,” but the ad biz insists the issue doesn’t qualify for its bug bounty program and is a matter for telecom companies to sort out.

The core problem is that telecom companies recycle phone numbers that have been abandoned after a brief waiting period – at least 45 days in the US. That can become a problem because many online services require a phone number to identify users and/or send one-time passwords for two-factor authentication. Users who abandon a number, and forget to update their new number, are therefore at risk of malicious account reset attempts by whoever gets access to their old numbers. Account takeovers are a common consequence.

[
]

2 Likes

In pursuit of artificial general intelligence, Meta adds Broadcom boss Hock Tan to its board

In pursuit of artificial general intelligence, Meta adds Broadcom boss Hock Tan to its board and added energy entrepreneur John Arnold too.

Meta founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg explained the pair were appointed because their experience is needed to help develop artificial general intelligence.

“Having directors with deep expertise in silicon and energy infrastructure will help us execute our long term vision,” he’s quoted as saying.

[
]

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Facebook is full of spam, scams and dropshipped trash that targets old people

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

3 Likes