Michelle Obama on Trump: 'Clearly in over his head'

She was an effective surrogate for her husband for 8 years for one and in fact was likely more popular than her husband.

Despite our :canada: head of state currently being a real, live astronaut, change is in the wind. I think we could probably get a campaign up to have Mrs. Obama installed as (non-hereditary, just to be safe) Empress for Life of Canada. :grin:

Her husband seems like a good guy, too, we could certainly find him something useful to do. :thinking:

I’ll go out on a limb her and say that :canada: likes the Obamas a lot… :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Trump’s churlish and impotent response this morning shows how effectively Michelle got under his skin.

15 Likes

I am just as shocked that this is a link to aol.com

2 Likes

yeah, yeah, yeah. I have had that account since the mid 80’s. I’m old. I get it. Get off my lawn!! :wink:

17 Likes

Yup, she lead the “awareness effort” . Meanwhile, she didn’t have problem wearing $4000 boots, no shame.
Listen, yes, we get it, Barack and Michelle Obama are better than Trump. What I don’t like is that we put these people on a pedestal like they are golden gods.
Look at Nina Turner, isn’t she a better role model for young women of color. Why are they not promoting her? Because she speaks the truth that DNC is corrupt.

2 Likes

Here’s 16 of them… Maybe you should think a little outside your own realm.

22 Likes

As Joe Biden submits more and more receipts that he means it when he says he’s going to “work with Republicans” it’s possible that some are waking up and saying, "Hold on, I might be able to stay heinously wealthy without having to be on every wrong side of history. "

8 Likes

I think it could be said he has been “over his head” on pretty much all of his smash-and-grab business enterprises. The guy who empties your wallet doesn’t need to know or care how you filled it. The intent isn’t to do a good job, it’s to raid the US government and taxpayers for billions of dollars, do favors for interests that will pay off after he is out of office, and get out.

If he’d ever intended to truly be President, this might matter. Being a bad President isn’t a failure for him, he couldn’t do what he intended as a good one.

7 Likes

Yeah… no one here is doing that. :roll_eyes:

25 Likes

Perhaps one day Trump will lose it completely and start shouting “Lock the wall!” and “Build her up!”

Then the Trumpologists will explain that he was deliberately driving trollies to own the libs.

7 Likes

AOC is a divisive figure. People either love or hate her. Too much of her politics will turn some people away. The DNC is trying to convince the “fence sitters” to join them, not those already firmly on their side.

1 Like

I’m not sure where you’re coming from. You asked for someone to name Michelle Obama’s political accomplishments, so I named one or two that I recall. I think the rest might be coming from some other sources you read or watch, but I haven’t seen it happening here.

8 Likes

I can’t be sure, but I think he blew a kiss at her. I dont think it was anything he said that made her scowl behind his back, rather than the realization that she was going to have to keep up the charade (and on camera) for years.

Um… I’m pretty sure that Black people are fully capable of deciding for ourselves who our roles models should be

29 Likes

That was my impression, too. It was creepy the way, as he turned to face them, Ivanka upped the wattage of her smile and Melania pasted one on. When he turns back around, she just goes back to normal. I found it a disturbing reflection of what it must be like to live with a person with such a fragile ego.

15 Likes

But she didn’t wear sackcloth and ashes, so it’s all invalid! /s

19 Likes

Meanwhile, this is the slime that will be a speakers for the RNC.

St. Louis Couple Who Brandished Guns At Black Protesters To Speak At RNC https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/08/18/903478960/st-louis-couple-who-brandished-guns-at-black-protesters-to-speak-at-rnc?sc=18&f=1001

The difference here in decent humanity is night and day. I feel like I’m watching a horror film that’s gone on too long.

11 Likes

Y’know, I’d actually like to see a system where the most powerful leaders are forced to forgo all the material wealth and privilege that usually accompanies great power while they are in office.

18 Likes

That would be something, wouldn’t it? We might get people in office who actually care about policy instead of self-enrichment!

17 Likes

Maybe they’d also be less inclined to become so addicted to power and we wouldn’t have deeply entrenched leaders who are loathe to move on once their service is over.

13 Likes

Many politicians enrich themselves while in office through unethical means, both legal and otherwise, but I think perhaps the bigger issue in many cases is that they are working with an eye to the future with plans to leverage their political power to enrich themselves immediately after leaving office, with lobbyist jobs, well-paid speaking/consulting gigs and the like. It’s very difficult to legally prevent that sort of thing but we really need to try harder.

11 Likes