Michigan Rep. Daire Rendon wore a QAnon pin at pro-Trump protest

Originally published at: Michigan Rep. Daire Rendon wore a QAnon pin at pro-Trump protest | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Why not both?

25 Likes

I hope someone at the statehouse is keeping an eye on the guests she’s inviting to case the joint in advance of a future putsch.

18 Likes

Came here to say the same thing. I’m a rather cynical person at times, and my take is that they aren’t sure they believe it, but they see enough gain in going alone with it “just in case” that they act as though they are totally into it. To be honest, I wonder how much of that same idea / approach is used with politicians loudly proclaiming their religious affiliations…

20 Likes

10 Likes

Careful. It seems like only right wing people get away with that kind of behavior…

1 Like

I would go further down that road. Most don’t believe it (except verifiable nutjobs - you know who they are) but they recognize the value in saying they do. This is all to secure the support of these people whether it is for votes or for a spot in the future dictatorship.

4 Likes

Yeah, danger is my middle name.

8 Likes

The Quarren would like to disavow Daire Rendon and Qanon

5 Likes

Which specific pin was she wearing?
I see several…

2 Likes

I think you have to assume anyone still voicing support for Trump is in the same boat - either pretending to believe in, or actually believing in, qanon shit. Because Trump and Q go hand-in-hand at this point.

Yeah, whether they believe it or not is pretty much immaterial as, in order to maintain the political benefits of pretending to be a Qbert, they still have to act as though they believed it. One way or another, they’re acting irrationally because of deeply held beliefs - either a belief in Qbert, or a belief that anything they do to stay in political power is justified, no matter how irrational or evil.

14 Likes

Did she expense the pin to her campaign?

6 Likes

I live in MIchigan and I can see Canada from my backyard, are they letting us in yet?

4 Likes

At least Nigel Farage being an MEP was just a gifter grifting a grift; but they American politicians seem to be utterly bonkers, and yet still get elected.

6 Likes

I’m hoping that the back of the pin says, “Made in Russia”.

4 Likes

I’ll thank you to not defile the memory of a favorite childhood video game character by conflating it with those brainless, fascist, racist, idiocy-spewing asshats, please and thank you.

Wreck It Ralph Reaction GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

12 Likes

Aw, don’t do Qbert dirty like that. He’s had a hard enough life jumping up and down those stairs, running from all those snakes and such… :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Why give them the benefit of the doubt? I believe the dog who tells me he has rabies.

2 Likes

Sort of an awful version of Pascal’s wager.

4 Likes

By the way, this is what the rally was up to.

Here in Michigan we have this BS petition initiative crap. If enough signatures are gathered for anything, whether it’s reasonable or well written law, it goes to the legislature, if they approve it it’s veto proof. If they don’t take it up it goes on the next ballot. It’s how the republicans stripped our governor of her power to do anything about the pandemic. And because the republicans control the legislature any liberal or democrat initiative, even if it gets the required signatures, is dead in the water. Oh, and signature collectors are allowed to lie about what the petition is actually for.

Apparently, in Michigan, representative government ain’t that big of a thing anymore and fairness went out the window a while ago.

Did I mention how much I love my state but hate the people that run it and the people that have these BS rallies.

I’m trying to imagine if democrats pulled this crap…

5 Likes