Michigan rep. to GOP mass shooting-enablers: "F*ck your thoughts and prayers."

First one, then the other

6 Likes

We are not safe enough. Don’t send thoughts and prayers, send more guns and ammo!

1 Like

It’s not. They are using that as an excuse to allow white nationalists to mow down people they want to die. They revel in bloodbaths.

12 Likes

maybe name them after the GOP party members in whichever state it happens. it’s at least simpler.

10 Likes

What do you think it says that Rep. Clyde has his assualt rifle pin pointing down at his crotch?

5 Likes

That he doesn’t understand proper gun discipline?

7 Likes

You misspelled a word; it should read “…and their MASTERS at Remington!”

9 Likes

Surely it’s world war naming rules.
We’ve got to call the first one The Great Clyde Massacre. Then when we inevitably cycle through every Republican’s name, we call the next one Clyde Massacre II and the previous one The First Clyde Massacre.

5 Likes

Would that they could remove them for publicly proclaiming they will refuse to uphold the law!
That’s where this kind of thing falls short. These assholes can spout off about not upholding the law, emboldening all kinds of ‘shenanigans,’ but prosecuting them on actually failing to uphold the law will be tough. And probably come with a body count.

10 Likes

I think the Michigan law gives the governor discretion on that. It’s not even a matter for the courts. It came up when the Whitmer kidnapping plot came to light and some sheriffs got mouthy. The people pointed out that said governor could remove them with a memo…

10 Likes

Huh. In the given scenarios, seems awesome. But I’ve gone down a mental rabbit hole of freedom of speech issues since writing the first response and am now confusedly seated next to the Mad Hatter trying to sort out my framework. Damned mercury.

8 Likes

At some point, as a government employee, statements are public policy and not individual expression.

Like, the governor shouldn’t be able to remove a sheriff for saying they like Nickelback, but saying that they will not abide by state law is no longer expression; it’s policy. And that’s an illegal policy.

17 Likes

That seems a bit extreme. Are you sure?
There have to be some standards, after all.
/s

13 Likes

It’s Michigan. The Canadian radio station waves wander over the lakes and affect people, ya know?

10 Likes

Well, there’s this fun little fact about him. (/s)

https://www.businessinsider.com/gun-store-congress-andrew-clyde-georgia-2022-5

2 Likes

As a Canadian, I’d like to point out that the sole purpose of Nickelback was to restore balance to the universe after Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, and Leonard Cohen tilted things too far in Canada’s favour.

13 Likes

I’m sure it was an oversight that Rush wasn’t listed in your post. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

Having moved from the mitten to mexico nuevo I miss very little (OK, I miss awesome seasonal fruit and the beaches) but there is a serious lack of Canadian-sourced airwaves down here. The internet’s fixed most of that thankfully. For once there’s a point to it beyond cute kitten and annoying-tweenager-swag-unboxing videos.

(but more seriously, the WAMU stream out of DC does mostly BBC-news all night with a Canada-sourced show before they start up Morning Edition - perfectly timed for my 0300 insomnia)

3 Likes

Celine Dion wasn’t already enough!?! :wink:

6 Likes

Umm…are you implying there is anything Canada could foist upon the world that could POSSIBLY counter the tilt that is Rush?

2 Likes