Middle-age woman has been using face filter to fool her large audience into thinking she is young

I felt the same way when I found out that Sargon on YouTube was an actual (shitty) human being and not some cartoon bot done as mockery. /s

1 Like

After a quick read on another site, my impression was that she wasn’t using a face filter, she was using images of another person, not a real time face filter. The glitch that happened wasn’t when a “young” face filter failed, it was when a 2D “sticker” over her face in an interview failed revealing her face. So this isn’t really even a technology story in the sense of using face filters, it’s just a plain old story about lying about ones age by posting photos of a younger person in a culture that is ageist. Nice to see she’s now getting followers who appreciate that she’s a gamer who is older.

13 Likes

It's%20a%20Fake%20-%20Stephen%20McHattie%20as%20Ambassador%20Vreenak%20in%20Star%20Trek%2C%20Deep%20Space%20Nine%2C%20In%20the%20Pale%20Moonlight

Not sure why anyone would be surprised. Full-body avatars have been portrayed as commonplace and acceptable in cyberpunk since at least the 70’s and no one batted an eye. The only use I’d worry about is when it gets realistic enough to convincingly impersonate someone else.

9 Likes

Her dedicated followers should be compensated with the worlds’ smallest violin playing their favorite tune.

8 Likes

Also, that’s from one of the best, if not the best DS9 episode…

garak-sisko-seems-angry

11 Likes

So good. I’d tie it with Far Beyond the Stars for my personal #1 not just of DS9, but probably all of Star Trek.

6 Likes

Agreed!

garak-well-okay

6 Likes

I’d say the best. They spent so much time hinting that Garak was a monster, and that was really time for the monster to shine.

7 Likes

garak-do-apologize

I do love that character, though. That was one of the things DS9 did so very well - made all of the characters, not just the people in Star Fleet believable and complicated people.

11 Likes
4 Likes

moisture

19 Likes

that was fallin’, fallin’.

1 Like

Add me to the list! :hugs:

6 Likes

That makes more sense. My first thought was that there’s no way some AI face filter can convert someone’s face into an entirely different but believable human face. Even thirsty internet males would see through that.

2 Likes

Can anyone show me a link to a video of before and after the glitch?
The video on the article page is just confusing.

3 Likes

I was wondering about that - it was far too radically transformative for a real-time consumer-level filter. (Hell, even the “deep fakes” don’t change face-shape.) I was beginning to doubt the whole story. That makes a lot more sense. Though I’ve seen so many pictures of young women’s faces from China that are clearly so altered as to fall into the uncanny valley. But I guess that’s just a combination of Photoshop for stills and heavy make-up and not-so-radically-transforming filters.

2 Likes

I read that as Photoshop for sluts :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I thought a Ballardian was someone who actually liked gutter balls. (At least in my neck of the woods, recreational bowlers sometimes call gutter balls… Ballard balls.)

2 Likes

Could be both! It’s generally used to refer to dystopias written by JG Ballard…

5 Likes

Nah, how could such a thing as you have said could happen possibly occur? Surely not! (/s)

6 Likes