Middle-age woman has been using face filter to fool her large audience into thinking she is young

This is all so 2010- or 2020-ish. Shallow fake, deep fake, whatever. Very soon now, biomedical advances will let us become whatever we wish – by face, gender, race, species. Cat-girls and dog-boys will be real. Old humans will be rejuvenated as tweens. I may be useful again. I can’t tell how the twitterverse will react. Insanely, right?

3 Likes

Does a swimsuit count? It’s pretty hot, so tighter/more restrictive clothes are simply not summer fare in these parts…

I’ve got to run errands… UGH, that means I have to put on real pants…

1 Like

I too work from home and have tape over my camera.

4 Likes

Well, I suppose it’s more likely to have this sort of thing in a global society where practically everyone has a videophone in their possession at all times. As opposed to, say, a physical mask with perfect hair and makeup pre-set…

4 Likes

Twitterverse has seen it all before, IRL on the other hand…

1 Like

I heard they used the same filter on Robert DeNiro in The Irishman

1 Like

And yep: the “misleading” pictures were stills and pre-filmed videos she was using in social media profiles, not her live streams. In her streams she simply didn’t show her face at all, usually just filming herself below the neck.

This, apparently, is the view from the stream in question - she’s on the right, hidden behind an image overlay, someone else joining her on the left:

8 Likes

That Sargon is likely an impostor, as the real Sargon has been dead for a number of years now.

2 Likes

i fudge my age a bit in my resume by omitting my undergrad, only listing the master’s award date i got while attempting my phd (did it take a year? 4 years? it is a mystery!)

i also don’t clarify my fancy internships were during the phd not 3 summer internships.

by using these and other techniques i suddenly got lots of interviews, i suspect because i looked like i was 23 on paper.

unethical?maybe. but so is age discrimination. more power to those who sidestep arbitrary age biases!

5 Likes

Yes, the story is quite different .
She was asking money to get people to see her face but the filter fail before she reach the desired amount (100,000 rmb)
The real story is here:
In English

3 Likes

Having a soft filter on front of a Betacam, after a good make up session made by a professional, it’s so '90. Worked surprisingly well, provided you were a billionaire wit interest on real estate, journals and televisions.

NEwere filter are better and you don’t need an entire TV studio to make it, but a smartphone.

1 Like

How? Why? Don’t they ever ask what happened to the undergrad degree? Even BS/MS programs award both a BS and an MS, hence their name.

2 Likes

Companies that put high school graduation dates on their employment applications killed that strategy.

4 Likes

Ah thanks. Yeah the images in the article were confusing because of the side by side with a younger woman. I was like, wait, which person are we talking about… it looked like it was implying that was a before and after in that one image but they aren’t even wearing the same clothes or hairstyle or background.

3 Likes

I don’t apply to those companies

3 Likes

Yeah, those discrepancies were enough to initially make me question the whole story. I think the photo they were twinning with the real photo of her face was a still she had put up elsewhere, though I’m not sure if it’s a picture of someone else, or a photo of herself she had rendered unrecognizable with alterations.

1 Like

If you are a slippery rich guy, born into a rich family, you can flunk out of college 3 times and then sweet talk your way into a top MBA program because of all of your “work experience”.

I am referring of course to someone I know. I used to wonder about this, but after the the scandal which tripped up Lori Loughlin, I now have a really good idea on how.

4 Likes

Wow. That is so obviously (even with the face covered) not the same person.

Then again, I could see it if the filter tinkered with the aspect ratio a bit (did it?). The lady on the left is much more willowy.

1 Like

To be clear: that particular picture I posted above was what was seen during the stream, which was jointly done with another woman. The person on the left is the woman with whom she was co-streaming; “Qiao Biluo” appeared in the stream on the right, with her face simply obscured. The image she had covering her face is what disappeared mid-stream.

Elsewhere, e.g. in social media, she posted pictures that didn’t look anything like her, but seem to have been heavily altered images of herself, with the head swapped out - either someone else’s or radically reshaped with a totally different face shape and features. It seems to be one of those pictures that was used in news reports of the story (not anything that was appearing in the stream). Normally when she streamed, she apparently just cropped the view to not show her head at all.

3 Likes

Ahh, thanks!

2 Likes