Mike Huckabee ditches Chick-fil-A, pledges allegiance to Popeye's

Originally published at: Mike Huckabee ditches Chick-fil-A, pledges allegiance to Popeye's | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I’ve got some news for you about Popeye, Mike…

13 Likes

I know it’s an American custom, but this guy clings to his former title almost as bad as Judge Boxwine.

TFG is in a class of his own, what with the insurrection attempt and all. Hopefully his Great Seal knock-offs can be disposed of while he’s doing time.

5 Likes

There’s a Popeye’s 11 miles away from where I live in a city much poorer and with a much higher percentage of black people

1 Like

It makes it much easier to go to Popeye’s

15 Likes

If there was ever a business that gave opportunities to minorities it would 100% be Popeyes.

13 Likes

All hail our new fast-food overlords!

Will he update his family coat-of-arms to reflect the change?

2 Likes

Popeye’s corporate parent, RBI, sounds pretty woke, though, Governor. Looks like no Timmy’s or Burger King for you either.

https://www.rbi.com/English/about-us/rbi-commitment-to-diversity/default.aspx

6 Likes

Oh please, for the love of Rah, let Popeye’s clap back publicly.

18 Likes

KFC, Raising Cane’s, and Church’s all have diversity programs, too.

Honestly, I suspect most large corporations have DEI programs. Unfortunately for the entire Huckabee family, diversity is popular, and Nazis are not.

13 Likes

As usual, the GQP is just demonstrating how ignorant and ahistorical their histrionics are. The only reason this blew up is because they posted a listing for a head of corporate DEI… to fill the position they’ve had for years.

The real new controversy is how Chick-Fil-A got placements in all the new NY Thruway rest stops despite knowing they’ll be closed on Sundays. And I haven’t seen one damn Shake Shack yet!

5 Likes

Mike Huckabee reminds me of Winger-Shirt-Wearing Stewart. Out of touch and the only character on Beavis and Butthead who made B & B look like geniuses.

5 Likes

Oh man! I can’t remember which rest stop it was, but I think it was westbound and the shake shack was open. It was great. I had a fried chicken sandwich and it saved me from having to shop at Chicfila

4 Likes

First Church’s, then Popeyes then KFC all folded in my part of the inner city. They’re mostly still active in other parts of Boston except Church’s for some reason.

Republican politicians need to stay out of comedy.

1 Like

It’s paradoxical that the right-wing fascwits claim to hate diversity.
They love it, really, because it gives them more ‘others’ to other, and othering is their real favourite thing to do.

2 Likes

Someone whose thing is kicking puppies may need them around to indulge, but I do not think that makes them a dog lover.

5 Likes

Just watched the Duggar documentary “Shiny Happy People.” Huckabee’s support for sex offender Josh Duggar, over the victims, is disgusting. What a piece of shit!

4 Likes
3 Likes

You are not wrong.
And these people are no better than a puppy-kicker - it’s just the equivalent of puppy-kicking with words instead of feet.

1 Like

Gonna go out on a limb and say Huckabee has never had a colonoscopy because…you know…gay.

2 Likes