Mike Lindell tells voters not to vote early so "we can overrun the algorithms"

Same reason Trump got elected, he was famous for being on TV.

3 Likes

Yeah, Lindell’s advice can only depress GQP turnout. (I’m all for it! Let’s go Mike!)

Having said that, it will also necessarily embiggen the customary pattern of same-day votes being counted first, giving an initial lead to the GQP candidate, only to be walloped by all the early and mail-in votes that are tabulated second (for reasons). Perhaps he subconsciously wants these voting trends to be repeated over and over, giving him more and more sputter-time on FrankTV?

6 Likes

I wonder what kind of conspiracy theories he would concoct upon learning algorithms were invented by middle eastern scholars, and that the word algorithm is adapted from the name of the 9th century Islamic mathematician Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi.

20 Likes

I knew it was Arabic, but never knew it was named after a person (who, himself is named after a place, Khwarazm). So, basically, an algorithm is like a hamburger.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I have to wonder if Mike just has an inchoate non-idea of what he’s talking about; or if he has a more specific belief that ‘the algorithm’ is still implemented on some fantastically antique IT system where it takes 3-5 business days to prepare the punch cards and round up enough workhouse urchins to power the analytical engine in order to prepare a set of cooked electoral results?

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering for many years why anyone should care what a real estate developer thinks. If real estate development bestows some special insight, there were measurably more successful ones out there.

4 Likes

Better still, vote one day after the election. Or two.

2 Likes

The logic behind what he is proposing is ridiculous. And his statement is a trump style jumble of words that is barely coherent.

But in the end he is a simple sales (con) man that doesn’t need to understand anything other than how to close a sale. Knowledge of the product is irrelevant, the sale is just a string of keywords.

1 Like

Just one quick issue with the walk button analogy: I did some electrical work in the signals division of the city I live in, and there is indeed a button press pattern that immediately starts the countdown on the brand of traffic controllers we have here. One of the old hands showed me and it’s one of my favourite life hacks.

5 Likes

Is it the same pattern I use to get the elevator to come faster?

3 Likes

Crazy guy, asshole guy, crazy guy, asshole guy …

both GIF

2 Likes

Awkward Krieger GIF by Archer

4 Likes

Indeed; Mr. Universe even died in her arms.

10 Likes

He thought all his data was “on his phone,” too.

2 Likes

But I used the correct spelling this time.

2 Likes

Won’t somebody think of the algorithms?

(Other than this fuckwit.)

1 Like

I’ll never tell!

So tired of these guys and their psychotic breaks.

I get the feeling that Mike has not been able to keep up with the class since grade school, but discovered ways of getting by that don’t require actually understanding anything. And I’d guess that old habits have worked for him, mostly.

1 Like