Mike Pence finally cracks open: "reckless" Trump "endangered me and my family"

If, by this, you entertaining and laugh-a-minute, I’m up for it. But I’m weird that way.

16 Likes

It’s not really stunning. Based on last week’s election results, Republicans are floating the idea of replacing Trump as their candidate in 2024. Who better to do that than someone like Pence who isn’t running for office, and is expendable if there is any significant backlash. The speed at which it happened isn’t surprising either, they need to get a dominant potential candidate in place as soon as possible. They don’t want to split their effort between this me candidate and Trump.

If this goes well, we can expect to hear ever more strident anti-Trump sound bites from “people” like Cruz, Graham, Rubio, etc who never had any true ideological alignment with Trump anyway, they’re purely opportunists. True Trump worshipers like Boebert and Greene will defend him to the end.

9 Likes

That’s nice. How long until this limp noodle pulls a ‘Ted Cruz’ and goes right back to kissing Trump’s ring? I guess when the 2024 races heat up.

17 Likes

“And I don’t have that courage” he continued…

20 Likes

I am done with these dorks who said NOTHING when the threat to our country was there.

They’ve confessed to aiding and abetting a criminal act in their self-serving memoirs. Lock every last one of them up.

21 Likes

It took Dan Quayle to knock some sense into him.

20 Likes

Lol wut

yeah yeah we know seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

If you’re looking for an argument regarding my use of the word “stunning,” well, that’s just boring.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are two versions of the book waiting at the printers - one where he kisses Trump’s ass and this one - and they were waiting for the post-midterm polls to decide which one to release.

26 Likes

Every conservative got their marching orders in the wake of the failure of the red wave. Trump is now persona non grata in their party, and suddenly EVERYONE is speaking out against him. The number of conservatives who kissed Donnie’s ass just weeks ago who are now talking about how terrible he is grows every hour.

The only thing worse than Orange Mussolini are the people who propped him up like a party favor, and are tossing him out the window now that that party has ended and reaching for the next new shiny racist they can prop up.

21 Likes

Couldn’t they have just printed it like a Choose Your Own Adventure book?

“If the mid-terms went well, turn to page 36, otherwise go to page 15.”

27 Likes

The question is whose marching orders?

The Murdochs have turned against Trump, but what about the other oligarchs? (The Kochtopus is probably going in multiple directions.)

14 Likes

Pence thinks he himself is running for President in 2024. Think about that.

This milquetoast Model Midwest Man of the 50s believes he’s The One. He has so little insight that he thinks he’s got a shot at the White House.

Try to put yourself in his size 9 loafers for just 30 seconds, with the blandest experience of life, seeing yourself in the very grandest of ways. Delusion is an expression that doesn’t even approach this person’s version of himself in the world.

22 Likes

Both? They’ll direct their pacs to attack the democrats during the primary, and will support whoever the GOP candidate is during the general. As long as they’re not being taxed or regulated, they may not care who is president.

7 Likes

Is it though? We’ve seen how quickly they turn on everyone else, what makes Trump special? He was useful to them, and now he’s not, so he’s out. It’s that simple. There is no loyalty within the Republican party.

2 Likes

Sigh.

2 Likes

No fuck you Pence, you decided to be part of the problem by not mustering courage when you could have, courage you swore an oath to demonstrate when necessary. You fucking spineless robot.

15 Likes

He may be trying to get ahead of whatever yet-to-be-discovered shit that could bite his ass.

6 Likes

Then again, you don’t have secret service protection.

11 Likes

I can almost see an arm or two of pro-DeSantis right-wingers making a strategic purchase of a block of 10,000 books in order to get him on the best seller list, that as a “thanks” for helping to ice Trump.

6 Likes

“Reckless” implies that Trump didn’t mean for it to happen, didn’t mean for people to get hurt. He clearly did. Pence knows it and still won’t say it.

Yeah, Pence is coming out with these incredibly milquetoast not-quite-denunciations at this point presumably just because he’s got the book coming out. Not because of principles or a loyalty to democracy, etc., just more self-serving bullshit, which is all we’ve ever seen from him. The funny thing is, he’s trying to drum up some controversy for the book, but this 1-on-the-Scoville scale is him being spicy.

It’s funny how, in Pence’s case, he’s doing it in the most safe way possible. Trump supporters already hate the guy, he’s never going to win back either Trump or his supporters, yet he’s still not willing to actually denounce Trump. Oh, Trump was “reckless.” That’s the most generous possible characterization of events. Admitting, finally, that “he endangered me and my family”? No shit, we all know it, it’s just a well demonstrated fact at this point; it would be completely weird to pretend otherwise. I can’t imagine his book is any tougher.

In Pence’s case, the worm has turned - and is just about as toothless.

He’s really never stopped, even here. He’s not doing much more than admitting that events occurred that everyone saw - he’s still not ultimately blaming Trump for it, though. The problem is being located somewhere outside Trump, who merely was insufficiently cautious in how he responded to this set of events that somehow mysteriously came out of the ether with no actual cause.

I hope this is true - the absolute tantrum that Trump is going to throw, the total devastation to the Republican candidates as Trump decides that if he can’t have the toy he’s going to destroy it, will be super entertaining to watch. Those voters who still identify as Republicans still seem to be supporting Trump - in fact, he still seems to be more popular than the Republican party itself with his voters. If the party pushes him out, he’s taking a lot of votes with him, even if it’s just over a cliff. The party is hoping they can transfer the MAGA hat to someone else, but Trump’s ego won’t allow it, so long as he’s still alive. (I keep half-expecting the Republicans to try to bump him off.)

If he really is that delusional, it would be hilarious. I figured he was just positioning himself for some more behind-the-scenes political work, like heading some conservative group or maybe even running for congress.

12 Likes