Mike Pence finally cracks open: "reckless" Trump "endangered me and my family"

They wanted to hang Pence. They brought rope. They broke into the Capitol Building, screaming and shouting for Pence. They may very well still believe that – but for him – Trump would have won. He may believe he’s still in great danger, hence, no denouncement. Or he’s just a worm. Yes, I know: Why not both.

12 Likes

People like Dan Bongino (sp) was in the Secret Service. Not sure I would 100% trust all of them. :confused:

6 Likes

I doubt the people who already want to murder him are going to get any more exercised about it if he were vaguely honest about what happened, though. (On the other hand, being honest about the situation reminds us of his own culpability in supporting Trump and creating the situation in the first place…)

9 Likes

Greed is always their smokescreen. The Kochs have an extreme ideology that they’ve been building up for decades, and it’s just as bad as the rest of them. They don’t believe in democracy, and in their hierarchy of rich white guys on top, racism, misogyny and anti-LGBTQ are just fine.

They seem slightly more relaxed about immigration on the southern border, but remember that their style of libertarians are dodgy about “voluntary slavery”.

The Kochs always care.

12 Likes

Hey Mike,
You had two (2) chances to whip the votes in the Senate to convict and remove T**** once and for all and you wimped out, twice.
Everyone in the country knew he was a reckless megalomaniac who would destroy anything and anyone that made him look like the loser he is.

F you and F your party,

16 Likes

The excerpt from Mike Pence’s book that was published last Saturday in the Wall Street Journal reads as entirely too mild and Pence comes off as so stiff and sanctimonious.

…By 7 p.m., we had been cleared to return to my office. When the session reconvened, everything changed. Many lawmakers withdrew support for objections that had been properly filed. Beyond the violence and destruction, the Jan. 6 rioters had managed to end the debate over election irregularities. At around 3:40 a.m., Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota read the results of the 2020 election.

I met with the president on Jan. 11. He looked tired, and his voice seemed fainter than usual. “How are you?” he began. “How are Karen and Charlotte?” I replied tersely that we were fine and told him that they had been at the Capitol on Jan. 6. He responded with a hint of regret, “I just learned that.” He then asked, “Were you scared?”

“No,” I replied, “I was angry. You and I had our differences that day, Mr. President, and seeing those people tearing up the Capitol infuriated me.”

He started to bring up the election, saying that people were angry, but his voice trailed off.

I told him he had to set that aside, and he responded quietly, “Yeah.”

I said, “Those people who broke into the Capitol might’ve been supporters, but they are not our movement.” For five years, we had both spoken to crowds of the most patriotic, law-abiding, God-fearing people in the country.

With genuine sadness in his voice, the president mused: “What if we hadn’t had the rally? What if they hadn’t gone to the Capitol?” Then he said, “It’s too terrible to end like this.”

On Jan. 14, the day after President Trump was impeached for the second time, I stopped by the Oval Office. The night before, he had unequivocally denounced the violence at the Capitol and called for calm and national unity. I congratulated him on his address. “I knew you’d like it,” he said. He seemed discouraged, so I reminded him that I was praying for him.

“Don’t bother,” he said.

As I stood to leave, he said, “It’s been fun.”

“A privilege, Mr. President,” I answered.

“Yeah, with you.”

Walking toward the door leading to the hallway, I paused, looked the president in the eye, and said, “I guess we will just have to disagree on two things.”

“What?”

I referred to our disagreement about Jan. 6 and then said, “I’m also never gonna stop praying for you.”

He smiled: “That’s right—don’t ever change.”

8 Likes

He might have had a shot if he’d taken a hard stand against Trump on January 6 and offered the Republicans a clear alternative for leadership. Instead he decided to split the difference, thus alienating both the Trump loyalists and those looking for a decisive change.

19 Likes

And here we see that Mike Pence is 100% making a lot of this shut up. There is absolutely no way Trump asked about how Pence was doing nor would he have remembered the names of anyone in Pence’s family.

Did.
Not.
Happen.

Ok, I guess I’m willing to accept Trump might have remembered the name of Pence’s daughter if he wanted to get into her pants.

23 Likes

If the next person Trump spoke to suggested that roasting Pence alive would clinch the election for him in 2024, he would have smiled and agreed to that too.

9 Likes

with a spoon

spoon GIF

10 Likes

Remember Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy both saying they were done with Trump after the January 6th insurrection - and then scuttling down to Florida to kiss the ring.

17 Likes

Yea, I get what he’s saying.

I recall the time when my close colleague suddenly turned on me. I felt…betrayal. Then he egged on a huge violent frothing mob to lynch me with all due consideration, and I…have given it a lot of thought. I felt endangered. This was just…not…a friendly thing. Nor was it professional. I need more time to think about it but I hope I’m not shooting from the hip when I say, had they lynched me, my family would have missed me. Hope that’s not too strong. I don’t really want to offend anyone. Perhaps they had a good reason for wanting to murder me. I need more time.

21 Likes

Such a devout, moral person /s.

5 Likes

I think Pence will totally throw his hat in the ring.

Listen to this interview from Fresh Air

Life and Ambition of Mike Pence

2 Likes

10 Likes

… can he be the scorpion and the frog :thinking:

7 Likes

The only question now is this: Is Pence’s book ~25%, ~50%, or ~100% BS?

7 Likes

I’m going to say at least 88% bullshit, as he’s a Republican.

9 Likes

I’m all for stretching an analogy to breaking point (I love the sound of breaking glassanalogies) but in this case, no.

3 Likes

I like how he’s trying to play it of like he’s courageous. What a sniveling fink of a man.

6 Likes