Minister frightened of doll

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/17/minister-frightened-of-doll.html

5 Likes

“The enemy” means satan. Unequivocally. That’s one of his titles.

8 Likes

Cover to cover, the Bible really has little to say about sex at all. There are rules and regulations, good and bad examples. But it talks about money a lot more - like ten times as many verses.

I notice those people who are most eager to see the Lord destroy perverts almost never have anything to say on the important topic of greed.

38 Likes

Too little, too late. The butch homoeroticism of G.I. Joe already had its devastating effect and we are living in the aftermath.

16 Likes

Sounds like Rev. Ogden could use a buddy.

22 Likes

77 Likes

At least the G.I. Joe action figures encouraged good American values like deadly violence.

34 Likes

In his defense, Rev. Ogden has never recovered from his confusion after he removed the trousers of his Ken doll.

35 Likes

Well I still have a scar from when the Silver Knight got caught in GI Joe’s flamethrower (OK it was some stolen matches, but… )and was reduced to a puddle of plastic in the creek. That bastage had it coming boy howdy! His revenge left me with a bitchin scar and a lotta splainin to do to my Mom.

I think GI Joe’s latent homoeroticism was pretty well understood in my era. Now there are 47 genders on Facebook or something. Kids. These Days. Etc.

i always thought GI Joe was pissed off because COBRA or Hitler or somebody stole his junk.

10 Likes

Well, maybe if they market the doll wearing cut-off jeans and (ahem) a “wife beater” shirt the reverend would be OK with it.

7 Likes

And the belief that blue lasers are american, and red lasers are…not?

WTF were cobras, anyways? Armenian? Texan?

6 Likes
18 Likes

The doll is in your house and in your room and in your bed

The doll is in your eyes and in your arms and in your head and you are crazy

15 Likes

When I was a kid my Dad wouldn’t let me have a Easy Bake Oven because it could make me gay.
So I got GI Joes. I’m now married to a former Marine.

Edit: this is a true statement. I SAW the dang easy bake oven in the place where Christmas gifts are hidden and he made Mom take it back. And Yes married to a Marine. (You don’t say ex-marine).

46 Likes

Yes. He was confused: He had been so certain before that the doll would not match him anatomically.

6 Likes

He’s just promoting good information security practices.

11 Likes

Boys / Girls…

Listen up ! !

NO sleepovers either… They’ll done beeza makes youz a gay !

:scream:

2 Likes

Ah, fragile masculinity…

It’s like a poorly tempered iron sword–all blunt and threatening and dangerous and good only for threatening others with, but ultimately weak and likely to snap under any strain.

21 Likes

What a pathetic twit.

7 Likes

Religious patriarchs be crazy, part 234,459,112.

12 Likes