Minister frightened of doll

And always so calm and refined, even under pressure.

2 Likes

Yeah? I don’t recall too many villains from Yorkshire.

2 Likes

I seem to remember that Geoff Boycott had his moments.

4 Likes
10 Likes

Why would bringing out a boy doll do this anyway? This is a doll that is identified as male, and that wears typical male clothing. Is it literally just the name doll? If your male identity is so fragile that an average-looking boy doll will send you over the edge, you may be closeting something.

14 Likes

All the valleys are uncanny in Asheville.

(Their honest-to-god town flag.)

6 Likes

It’s a great town, actually, despite this asshole.

4 Likes

I clicked through and read the linked article, and apparently the Rev is concerned because boy toys should be boy toys and girl toys should be girl toys and if you blur the lines so that boys might want to play with a girl toy then that’s a Very Bad Thing. So yes, it’s because it’s a called a doll and not an action figure. Quite likely the fact that the company is called American Girl is part of the issue.

And I think it’s telling that the issue is that it’s a girl toy that might appeal to boys. Of course, we gotta make sure that our little girls don’t get ideas above their station about being independent and stuff, but it’s really super duper important that the boys don’t catch any cooties or whatever. It seems to me that in that particular segment of conservative wackiness, there’s a special concern for the fragile male identity.

16 Likes

He’s still alive. The verb is not yet correct.

3 Likes

That was the creepiest, skin crawliest thing I’ve watched in a while. wow.

Those poor fucking kids.

2 Likes

You know, I work third shift and by the end of the week I rely on my phone’s auto guessing a little too much.

A lot of times I wait to reply until I get to my computer, it’s just easier/safer that way.

2 Likes

I should perhaps add that I once knew an Anglican clergyman who had a black retriever who he named Satan, partly so that he could explain to surprised visitors that Satan in the Bible usually did the bidding of God but sometimes could be a bit of a nuisance, as in the Book of Job. When Jesus says to Peter “get behind me, Satan”, he obviously doesn’t identify Peter with a literal demonic enemy.

8 Likes

Child abuse. That’s what that is. Keep religion OUT of a child’s upbringing, thank you.

2 Likes

Grow up. God.

They should all only be Bible Action Figures.

1 Like

Supposed ministers of God should stop projecting their own bullshit on their flock, imo.

Dogma?

Captain James Cook.

9 Likes

[quote=“Enkita, post:59, topic:95326, full:true”] A somewhat similar thing happened in South Africa and gave rise to the Dutch Reformed Church - which eventually got so educated that it looked back in embarrassment on its own former history.
[/quote]

But not before they got kicked out of the worldwide Reformed communion because of their support of apartheid.

More precisely, there are several different Dutch Reformed Church denominations in South Africa, because of schisms in the nineteenth century. Two of them, the Nederduitse Gereformeerde Kerk and the Nederduitsch Hervormde Kerk van Afrika, were expelled from the World Alliance of Reformed Churches in 1982 when the Alliance declared apartheid to be a sin.

4 Likes

That woman is abusive and probably has undiagnosed schizophrenia.

Besides, I’m sure there are a lot of satanic children out there who would love a Spurlock the Warlock doll.

2 Likes

That doll looks like it came right out of the Uncanny Valley

2 Likes