Minnesota's GOP grapples with paying off huge debt — with only $53 in the bank

Originally published at: Minnesota's GOP grapples with paying off huge debt — with only $53 in the bank | Boing Boing

6 Likes

All those FEC fines for campaign spending violations probably didn’t help.

22 Likes

Apparently these folks lack the gift for grift that characterizes their former clown-in-chief. Or he’s sucked the well dry.

10 Likes

Prediction: they moved their money into PACs to sidestep having to pay the fees. OR they really suck at the Fear Grift™.

Or, what he said ^^

10 Likes

That money went SOMEWHERE. And since the GQP has become the party of graft and corruption, those who took it are going to not only get off free, but they’re going to continue to lead the party.

11 Likes

Using the Iron Bank’s money, pillage other families, and villages,…etc.

Those fascistic posers are one trick pony: fleece the rubes, stoke the racism and hatred, and gain power and wealth in the process.

11 Likes

If they go bankrupt does that mean they can’t run in the state anymore? Pretty please?

9 Likes

Aren’t they praying hard enough? Loaves and fishes man, loaves and fishes.

5 Likes

Maybe they could stop fundraising. Cutting income seems to be the GOP go-to solution for budget problems.

7 Likes

Clearly they just need to pull harder on the ol’ bootstraps.

8 Likes

Ah, the party of “fiscal responsibility.”

And “family values”
And “voter fraud is bad”

Seriously, it’s like every day is opposite day.

4 Likes

I hope they declare fiscal bankruptcy, to go along with their policies of ethical, moral and intellectual bankruptcy.
A trifecta plus one… whatever the term for that might be.

The party of Lord Dampnut going bankrupt… how appropriate.

ETA:

Seems to be working for the bastards, so far.

4 Likes

That’s been my suspicion. The billionaires are no longer interested, and the small fry have no more to give. See also preaching selfishness resulting in their clientele feeling too selfish to donate any more; related to face-eating leopards.

3 Likes

I’ll send them a box of thoughts and prayers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.