Minnie Mouse in a pants suit is too much for the GQP

This is what I don’t get - if Minnie in a pants suit is just a red herring to distract us from inflation, then why, Candace Owens, are you talking about Minnie Mouse in a pants suit and not inflation? We are all dumber for having read a transcript of your words today.

I don’t envy these Qnut followers trying to end their children’s Disney+ subscriptions to call out government plots to cause rampant inflation.

16 Likes

Wait until they hear she’s wearing the pantsuit in preparation for running for president of Disneyland.

8 Likes

Doesn’t he prefer his kinks more candy-coated? Though he might be looking for a new crush now that the Green M&M is ‘less sexy’?

7 Likes

No mention that they hacked her tail off?
Thats the part that burns my ass.

The official answer given to children who ask about the missing tails when meeting Mickey or Minnie at Disneyland is that the tails are just stuffed down their pants, like Squirrel Girl when she’s incognito. The mice do still show their tails in the latest animated shorts.

3 Likes

Thanks for the Wiki link, I never understood what the big deal was. Frankly, it wasn’t a big deal, Faux needed to keep the rubes frothed up for clicks and $. So stupid.

5 Likes

I guess they didn’t want to traumatize the kids by sharing the gruesome story of what the farmer’s wife did.

7 Likes

Are they really too stupid to see that they are the ones making the scene?

1 Like

the inflation rate in late 1980 was around 14% and had been in the sustained double-digits for two years. the fed’s prime rate at the end of 1980 was 21.5% and was in the double digits for 7 years. i was an adult during this entire period and while it was unpleasant the most destabilizing aspect of it was that it allowed ronald reagan to become president, one of the most evil and incompetent men to hold the office in recent memory.

the current inflation rate is a minor blip with many causes, most related to the pandemic. it is not something i would spend more than five minutes worrying about and it is certainly not in any way biden’s fault except in the sense that he had the misfortune to follow donald trump, a man who made reagan look like a paragon of virtue and competence by comparison, in office. by the same token, i am even less concerned by the notion of the fed raising their prime rate to 1% in quarter point increments over the course of the next year. any intelligent economist and/or statistician who has any knowledge of history would probably be even more sanguine than i am.

on the other hand, such a professional will probably not be allowed anywhere near a camera at fox except as part of a shouting heads 6-pack so there is that.

edited to note that this is at least tangential to the topic and possibly off-topic so if this becomes a distraction i might feel the need to split this off into its own topic or some other leader might do so if it happens after i leave the keyboard.

16 Likes

Hers too! :rofl:

2 Likes

Probably not too stupid, but definitely too dishonest. These people see words as a form of rallying power, not a means of conveying truth.

5 Likes

“I mean look, this is why people don’t take these people seriously,” she said. "They’re trying to destroy fabrics of our society saying that there’s issues, so everybody looks over here. Look at Minnie Mouse. Don’t look at inflation, Jesse, look at Minnie Mouse. The world is going forward because you’ve got her in a pantsuit.

Who the hell is “they”? Disney? Hell yes Disney wants you look at Mininie Mouse, that is their product!

The manufactured out rage just gets more and more lame and ridiculous. If I was a Republican who didn’t have my head completely up my ass, I’d be embarrassed the hills Owens and others are wanting to die on.

And the sick part is they think getting upset about a design decision from a company is some how the same thing as people standing up for the rights of a marginalized group - and will still call them an overly sensitive SF. With no self awareness they are getting upset over a design choice that literally hurts NO ONE.

1 Like

I read that as “Fucker Carlson” (didn’t get much sleep last night), and then decided that sleepy brain was more correct than awake brain.

11 Likes

Cool. Now give a levelheaded opinion on a pantsless duck.

4 Likes

The Candace Owens that wears pant suits?

18 Likes

And hangs out with anthropomorphic rats.

18 Likes

I think it technically only counts as a pantsuit if the jacket matches the slacks. Not that they would have raised any less of a fuss if Minnie Mouse was wearing a different jacket-and-slacks ensemble.

10 Likes

Minnie or Candace?

1 Like

Disney has had fashion collaborations with many international brands for decades including neckties, suit jackets, caps, wristwatches… This is a non story.

Yes, truly a fictional anthropomorphized mouse changing her outfit is what’s destroying the fabric of society. Absolutely no other issues could conceivably be more relevant or urgent.

6 Likes