Mirror activates when someone smiles into it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/18/mirror-activates-when-someone.html

2 Likes

It wouldn’t work for a bathroom mirror. It’s hard enough to smile with morning face, and as soon as it started reflecting, I’d stop smiling.

5 Likes

Great, it’s not bad enough I have strangers on the street telling me I need to smile more, now mirrors want to force me to smile too? Every woman’s dream right there.

20 Likes

I guess it’s not for everyone…

I’d end up looking like Heath Ledger as the Joker after shaving in one of those things!

2 Likes

The cynic in me says that’s daft, and vain, and masturbatory (and some other things because I have more vocabulary for bad things), the romantic optimist in me says that’s actually kinda neat, and upbeat, encouraging, or cute at the very least.

… Torn right down the middle, delightful.

2 Likes

I knew I’d read about this somewhere before:

ETA: Oh, and this, written by an actual cancer survivor:
If you are not happy, it suggests, you are already gone.

6 Likes

Just when I think the internet of shit can’t get any worse…

4 Likes

But I am smiling… so fuck you mirror.

3 Likes

This mirror would be near to useless for us shavers. It’s near to impossible to achieve even a reasonable shave around a smiling mouth.

2 Likes

The maker wants to see you smiling as you’re spied naked by the camera. Oh, yeah. C’mon, baby. Smile for me.

1 Like

The techno-cultural bottom is limitlessly deep and wide.

1 Like

but you’re much more pretty when you smile

:rage:

3 Likes

5 Likes

:scream:

1 Like

…The purpose of Smile Mirror is to create a delightful personal moment, by surprising people with the reflection of their powerful smiles.

I would HATE this mirror so so much.

2 Likes

Let me know when they make one that reflects when I stick my tongue out at it.

2 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like