Missouri legislator responds to abortion controversy by slaughtering chicken. 'God gave man dominion over animals.'

So, let me get this straight:

In order to make a point about so called the “sanctity of life” this guy kills something, and very probably didn’t use the animal remains for food.

Holy fucksocks; the whackadoos* running the country are really doubling down on the cra-cra…

*No offense to anyone with mental health issues; these people are well beyond a mere medical condition, with a deep seated sickness of the soul…

15 Likes

“I don’t want to watch any videos (generally)”

A-fucking-men!

That’s it that’s my entire contribution to the conversation. Down with videos.

7 Likes

5 Likes

does he mean killing chickens is his summer job… really…?

no slaughtering cone, no scalding and plucking the feathers, rope around the feet and hung from a tree? wtf? This is not even amateur level chicken butchering. And I’m pretty sure the organ he pulled out was the liver, but the video is too grainy to tell. There are levels of stupid here.

6 Likes

My guess is “chicks don’t get to have free agency over what men do to their bodies.”

14 Likes

Well, I can’t find chicken slaughter on my list of traditional logical fallacies, so… q.e.d. I guess.

Pack it up everyone, none of us can stand against the rhetorical might of this dead chicken, we’re done.

6 Likes

Haven’t thought about them in years. Stanard Ridgway (he formerly of Wall of Voodoo) actually mentions them in his ‘Bel Air Blues’ song:

Runnin’ down a purple shallow, goin’ down somewhere
Goin’ down the alleyway, lookin’ for a dead dog with a custard pie
I am looking for a dildo in the sky
And if I find it soon, I think I’ll call the Menendez boys

2 Likes

Not all Missourians!

Okay, I’m from Missouri too. At least we have McCaskill?

2 Likes

Found on the original article comments. Fits here.

12 Likes

Well, there’s no way in knowing whether he did or not. We’ll just have to assume the worst.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Do we know for a FACT that the chicken hadn’t done something to deserve it?

1 Like

Another possible interpretation: Killing animal connotes violence against women. “Let’s defeat abortion” = “let’s defeat women” = “let’s do what we want to women” = "let’s murder and eviscerate women."
Video is a threat aimed at women. “This is you, feminists.”

5 Likes

Unfortunately, large numbers of baby chickens are killed in the egg industry, largely because male chicks are a byproduct. It’s actually pretty horrible, they’re suffocated or put through grinders :frowning:

3 Likes

It seems like he was going for something along the lines of "If you think this is disturbing, you should see abortion; and if women can make choices about whether or not to save a fertilized egg, I can kill chickens.

Both are terrible arguments as medicine is and always has been gruesome and disturbing, and the chicken is in no way comparable to a fertilized egg, nor does is require his body to gestate and emerge from. But this is coming from a man who argued sperm was akin to tadpoles.

12 Likes
  • In a epically biblical turn of events, senator gets salmonella from improperly handled chicken meet and croaks.

Now, wouldn’t want to wish death onto someone, but it’s tempting.

10 Likes

“Every plant yielding seed…”

Hey, Terminator, we need someone’s heart ripped out. Oh, couldn’t find one?

2 Likes

Lifetime just did a batshit crazy film (as if they do anything else?) about them starring Courtney Love

2 Likes

Yeah, Stockholm Syndrome is funny, too.

2 Likes