Missouri Sen. Mike Moon called out for voting against bill to ban 12-year-olds from marrying adults

If we’re being extremely charitable…

4 Likes

Anything to outdo Boko Haram; extreeeeeeme!

1 Like

Just so you know, we know that here at BB. We work hard to see beyond the stereotypes, both good and bad.

8 Likes

Teenage weddings should be in old Chuck Berry songs and nothing else.

Pre-teen weddings? :face_vomiting: I don’t miss Missouri.

3 Likes

The Missouri legislature is, in general, a bunch of angry, idiotic clowns, but Moon has a special place among that lot. Being a Missouri resident and follower of state politics, I’ve been watching his antics for quite a while.

Moon sponsored legislation dubbed “Missouri Save Adolescents from Experimentation (SAFE) Act” that seeks to ban certain procedures, such as puberty blockers and hormone therapy, for transgender Missourians under the age of 18.

Moon sponsored legislation to prohibit teachers from talking about sexual orientation or gender identity. He called it the “Vulnerable Child Compassion and Protection Act” after his belief that “exposure creates confusion.” This is MO’s version of the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, although Moon denied this.

Moon opposed a bill to provide warm meals to some Missouri SNAP recipients. He said that warm meals aren’t essential. “I can live on cold food most of my life, I think,” Moon said. “Of course, I do eat warm foods on a regular occasion.”

And, in an incident similar to, yet notably different from, the recent one in Tennessee. Moon was stripped of his committee seats as punishment for wearing overalls to the chamber floor and other alleged violations of decorum.

Back in 2017, Moon introduced a bill to create an abortion exhibit at the Missouri state museum, one that would be required to be shown alongside exhibits on slavery.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.