Mitt Romney almost-kinda-sorta gets close to saying Trump did a bad thing

I strained credulity about 20 minutes ago and I feel better.

7 Likes

I guess you’ve got that empty feeling - common after having your credulity strained.

1 Like

Never change, Mitt.

1 Like

I’m not a constituent, but I am going to write him in his capacity as a member of the Committee on Homeland Security & Government Affairs (HSGAC), since “government accountability” is one of the things that committee deals with.

I’m going to urge him to condemn what’s going on more forcefully; it may have little effect but I have to try. If enough Republican voices speak up to condemn That Man’s actions, maybe the dam might finally break.

6 Likes

From that list of “rebels” and the backlash they are experiencing, maybe they should form a new party. With Romney as their leader, they should call it the Milquetoast Party. Slogan: Putting the “whistle” back in Dogwhistle!

3 Likes

Honestly, this does sound like a condemnation to me, with no caveats. I get the wording could be interpreted as a non-committal, but to me it sounds more like “come on guys, we’re seriously letting him get away with this?”

Hopefully more Republican politicians get on board, it’s absurd that this is even an argument at this point.

4 Likes

Go grab your shinebox, Mitt, you pissant coward. No-one cares what you have to say anymore.

2 Likes

The reason it’s cowardly is that it still leaves room for, “well, it’s illegal but not impeachable illegal.”

3 Likes

There’s always money in the banana fudge stand.
Mitt-Romney-Fudge

8 Likes

11 Likes

But we all know how that turned out.

3 Likes

Yes, but that character met some sort of redemption, I doubt we’ll see the same of the equivalent character in this current dumbest timeline…

5 Likes

He still misspelled “impeachable offense.”

2 Likes

It takes 20. I think It is unlikely, but still…

5 Likes

Dang Washington Post paywall.

1 Like

The first rat carefully tiptoeing off he sinking ship?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.