Mitt Romney delivers totally weak-ass response to racist Trump tweets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/15/mitt-romney-delivers-totally-w.html

3 Likes

Oh eat cow dung and get diarrhea, you asshole.

Sheer poetry, devine & poignant.

25 Likes

I always thought that invertebrates were incapable of standing…

something something proof a creature can thrive with neither a heart nor a brain something

24 Likes

Romney: “At the same time, I recognize that the Pres has a unique and noble calling to unite all Americans regardless of our creeds or race or place of our national origin and I think in that case, the Pres fell far short.”

Hypothetical Political Advisors: “Excellent! And keep appearing without a tie; that’ll further nail down the bullshit one-for-all virtuous populism that dullards instantly eat up with a spoon! They love visuals!”

15 Likes

Tribalism…it’s a helluva drug.

24 Likes

Man, the conscience of the GOP is coming in :fire:. I’d hate to be Trump right now, with that kind of scolding coming from the moral voice of your own party.

20 Likes

In spite of his recent comments about running in 2020, he sounds like someone who actually plans on running.

4 Likes

I can’t get to the article but it’s certainly not Mitt’s first train ride with racism:

Abstract

This article identifies a marked difference in the type of race-based appeals that dominated Barack Obama’s presidential reelection contest in 2012 from his inaugural campaign in 2008. Racist appeals by Mitt Romney and the right in 2012 supplanted the racial appeals by Obama and the left in 2008. We focus our attention on a particularly salient form of racist appeal, one based on the long-standing stereotypes of black laziness and taking advantage. Specifically, we outline the historical underpinnings of these stereotypes. We then demonstrate how Romney and the right wove these underlying stereotypes into a seamless racist narrative—through political advertisements, online messaging, political speeches and debate statements—beginning with the Republican primary and continuing through the general election.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0002764213506212

6 Likes

noway

Come on, hands up who’s surprised.

18 Likes

Given that most of us didn’t grow up impossibly rich, can’t “just sell stock” when we’re young and broke and need money, and lose count of how many cars they own, Miff’s life is not consistent with 99% of Americans.

16 Likes

So, as a white male you can’t relate to what it’s like being a woman of color in the USA?

No kidding.

How about this, pretend Mormons were still being murdered and run out of Illinois, and Trump was saying “these people don’t belong here.”

33 Likes

No surprise, he’s still clearly a Republican. He only looks like a good guy occasionally by comparison to Trump. Shouldn’t get credit for that.

Funny that he said Trump’s tweet “falls short”. Trump didn’t “fall short” he went completely in the other direction.

17 Likes

Nothing unites people more than telling other people to go back to the shitty countries they came from. Puts the “U” in “USA”.

13 Likes

What a spineless bastard.

20 Likes

Most people have views that are not consistent with the experience of HBS-educated private-equity-swindling Mormon sons of governors.

13 Likes

Of course he’s racist. He’s a mormon in excellent standing.

17 Likes

He lacks much. He also has deficiencies as far as his reproductive glands and gastrointestinal tract. Near to being a hollow man.

9 Likes

My name is Reek.

23 Likes

They often do. You’ll hear mormons in UT wax prosaic about how they were so badly persecuted and how everyone hated them when they were doing their missions as teenagers.

6 Likes

I shruggingly join the unsurprised multitudes. Boycott Utah.

2 Likes