Mitt Romney delivers totally weak-ass response to racist Trump tweets

wrong post…

So, Senator, where do you propose to send Representative Ocasio-Cortex? How about Representative Pressley?

And if tenure as US citizens is your standard, where (please) can we send Donald Trump?

8 Likes

I certainly feel a number of these new members of Congress have views that are not consistent with my experience and not consistent with building a strong America that is why I have decided it is time for me to retire from politics. I am resigning effective today.

Fixed that for ya, Mitt

7 Likes

So, “I’m not saying they have to go home, but they can’t stay here”

10 Likes

Yeah, that language is pretty bizarre in this case. You go to the doctor with a foot infection and they stab you 17 times in the chest; you don’t call that “falling short”.

15 Likes

Meaning not consistent with benefiting me and my ilk and to hell with every-freeloading-body else. He’s an enormous douchebag that hopes he can get elected by stupid people to serve himself, except he’s not willing to kiss white trash ass the way trump is.

5 Likes

well THAT doesn’t seem like his usual style at all /s

13 Likes

Yes, his tongue and nose are usually deeper brown-tinted.

5 Likes

He doesn’t have to, there is literally zero chance Utah would ever elect a Democratic senator.

1 Like

I keep seeing other republican responses today that amount to “I wish he wouldn’t say that”, with the underlying implication “but I’m not gonna do anything about it because I don’t wanna piss off the cult”

8 Likes

Mittens might as well start wearing his gimp suit in public.

8 Likes

oooh, but Mit wants to be President. And if he can’t rally the vermin like the Donald he’ll very well loose again.

4 Likes

I fear Mitt the Shitt is weak on vermin-rallying skills. Not to mention that Mormons are almost Muslims or Smartologists in fundy jeezoid eyes. He’ll never grab the peckerhead vote.

3 Likes

I’m also seeing responses from Republicans (including Trump) that amount to the old reactionary bullshit of “America: love it or leave it.” That is, anyone criticizing American should leave. That’s been the standard Republican message of 10 of the last 18 years, often with the added sentiment that if you didn’t support the president, you were a traitor to the country. But then there were the 8 years of the Obama administration, where the Republicans - including Trump - criticized both Obama and the country. (Which is why they came up with Birtherism - to deal with the cognitive dissonance. They weren’t unpatriotric - the president was! He was the foreigner, the traitor!)

It’s funny how when Trump took over, they immediately switched back to Bush-era attacks on dissent, without the slightest hint of self-awareness, though.

15 Likes

The really sad thing is that this weak-ass shit is the strongest condemnation of Trump’s tweet I’ve yet seen from a Republican in office.

4 Likes

That picture eternally says it all, the man is spineless against trump.

I swear, he’s a jellyfish with only a scarecrow pole holding him up.

Astounds me how such a spineless coward and lapdog can even look at his own face in the mirror each day.

1 Like

Binders full of racists.

6 Likes

By all means, let’s hear how dyed-in-the-wool Mormon Willard “Mitt” Romney criticizes Traitor Trump for racism. So tell me, Mitt, what year was it that the LDS church finally stopped teaching that black people were black as punishment for their sins? 1978?

7 Likes

Yep. In 1978 ALMIGHTY GOD spoke to the prophet of the church. And the LORD spake thusly:

ʜᴇʏ ʙʀᴜʜ. ɪ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴍᴇɴᴛ ɪs ʟɪᴋᴇ, ᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜʜ, ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. ᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ғᴏʟᴋs ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴜᴘᴛɪɢʜᴛ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇʟɪɢʜᴛsᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ, ᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜᴜʜ, ɪ ɢᴜᴇsssssssssss.....
i changed my mind
4 Likes

With all due respect, just because someone is Mormon doesn’t mean they’re racist.
Or are you trying to strike an ironic tone by providing a bigoted answer?