Mitt Romney: Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud

[Read the post]

2 Likes
4 Likes

Mittens is the best the KKKGOP can do? Pathetic beyond words…

3 Likes

That’s actually quite strong language for a Mormon.

10 Likes

Trump’s in the power elite too, though. This points at a schism amongst the grotesquely rich beyond that polite little tiffs between the Koch/Walton and Buffett/Soros factions. There is something deeply weird about this Romney thing.

The GOP is imploding before our witnessing eyes. The frothy anger of the base, for generations whipped up by the power elite to get “Their Man” in power is no longer willing to let them get away with taking the votes and ignoring their anger. They’ve spurned the wizened advice of their media masters and are going with a fucking deranged fascist. The train’s not on the rails anymore, it is plowing through buildings and destroying the city the GOP has been building since Nixon’s Southern Strategy.

21 Likes

That was 4 years ago.

Has Frothy endorsed anyone yet this time?

EDIT: yeah, he did. I forgot he endorsed Rubio, even though he couldn’t name anything he’d achieved.

10 Likes

Mitt Romney: “Donald Trump has shown an extraordinary ability to understand how our economy works, to create jobs for the American people.”

10 Likes

The problem is, Rubio and Cruz (and Clinton, to a large degree) are also phonies and frauds.

The speed that Sanders fell off of everybody’s radar is astonishing. And poor Kasich - nobody ever took him seriously.

3 Likes

It sure looks like Democrats will be the vote-splitting party this year.

3 Likes

Shh. If we don’t talk about him everyone will think he’s done.
-National Media

15 Likes

I’m reminded of the old QANTAS advertisements, with the koala who said “I hate QANTAS.”

I was hoping Romney was going to say something like Donald Trump is just so disgustingly poor he can’t be allowed to be a Republican frontrunner.

7 Likes

It seems like every time that the GOP addresses the problem of Drumpf, they never consider for a moment what his retort will be.

4 Likes

the fact that the media thinks ANYONE cares what romney thinks about anything shows just how desperate they are to keep the trump insanity machine rolling along, and the fact that the GOP went to romney in the first place shows just how desperate they are, period.

7 Likes

So are you saying Boing Boing shouldn’t have covered this story?

1 Like

not sure i put Bb in the same category as news media, but i guess in general, yeah, i guess i’d rather see more actual “wonderful things” posted here again, truth be told.

2 Likes

I just read this.

He pretty much is done. I didn’t realize that Clinton’s lead was as big as it is.

1 Like

The schadenfreude here is overwhelming. Is this what it was like watching Stalin & Hitler go at it before Pearl Harbor?

1 Like

… and Trump is nobody’s stooge? I find that hard to believe.

2 Likes

I wonder if “learned helplessness” applies here… so, like, if voters have been “trained” to accept only obvious stooges as “viable” candidates.

7 Likes