Mitt Romney jokes about his fall and black eye: "I went to CPAC. That was the problem."

Originally published at: Mitt Romney jokes about his fall and black eye: "I went to CPAC. That was the problem." | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Afraid for the safety of an elected representative from their own party because he declined to participate in a coup against the United States of America.

It’s only a matter of time until the GQP drops even the transparently thin pretense of democratic elections.

40 Likes

anyone suspect that’s a cry for help and something like that really did happen?

4 Likes

Not to mention they have completely forgotten that Mittens was their party’s Presidential nominee not even 10 years ago!

26 Likes

Perhaps one day Reek will realise he was part of the problem all along. But I doubt it.

17 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty amazing how fast the GOP abandoned any pretense of its former stated values to become a full-fledged cult. Romney is a “RINO” even though he is a lifelong Republican who was selected by his fellow Republicans to lead the party, while Trump is the only Republican voice that matters even though he only joined the party in 2012.

33 Likes

Reek, Reek, it rhymes with meek.

4 Likes

This hits close to home. My dad (who is 6 weeks older than mittens) while spending a day playing with grandkids, fell and got a black eye, knocking himself out, needing to go to the hospital to get stitches in his eyebrow just a week ago. Thankfully he’s fine.

I’ll have to pass along the excuse that he got the black eye in a fight at CPAC.
Or maybe he and mittens can get together and say they got in a fight with each other

4 Likes

I get the impression Romney has a newfound feeling of freedom since he’s alienated himself from the rest of the GOP.

11 Likes

Yeah, but he lost, which makes him a loser unlike… oh, never mind.

9 Likes

Possibly. But he’s still a pretty awful person and willing participant in the GOP’s ongoing efforts to supplant democracy in it’s quest for infinite power.

He’s just the latest to get the “McCain” treatment for staying true to his principles and not bowing and scraping to the cult’s idol.

7 Likes

I did it, I punched that RobMe right in the mush.

6 Likes

You may have to get some birthday spankings for that…

7 Likes

Chuck, may I call you Chuck?

unnamed

6 Likes

Would your dad tell you if he was antifa?

6 Likes

Boston Romney? The poor kid sounds like he was named after some coastal town, they forgot to close down.

1 Like

“I’m staying true to my principles.”

“You are a Nazi!”

“Yes, but I am a principled Nazi.”

5 Likes

6 Likes

It never ceases to piss me off that I sometimes accidentally end up defending an unapologetically rapacious oligarch like Willard “Mitt” Romney. Saying that he’s better than most Republicans is a bit like saying that most Republicans belong in high-security detention facilities for the criminally insane.

2 Likes

Ahem:

9 Likes